Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by nealiios

1. nealiios

Neal Hallford on The Making of Betrayal at Krondor

That's exactly it, Bander. People can shoot with camcorders or film cams and lots of folks these days are even shooting whole feature film with their mobile phones. :) If you pop by the KrondorFFC.com website, we've got even more details.
  2. nealiios

Betrayal at Krondor 30th Anniversary

Thank you for catching that! It's fixed now.
  3. nealiios

Betrayal at Krondor 30th Anniversary

Hi gang. I know it's been ages since I have been around, but I wanted to drop in and let you know that we've got several events planned this year to celebrate Betrayal at Krondor's birthday including a fan film challenge that has just kicked off, an in person meetup in Eugene, Oregon (where we...
  4. nealiios

Thank you. If I were to do it, it would be in a longer volume including write-ups on my years at New World Computing (Might & Magic III: Isles of Terra, Planet's Edge), the never-released RPG "Elysium" from Cavedog (which I co-designed with John Cutter again, and I hooked up with Chris Taylor...
  5. nealiios

The Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many, Many (Oh God Will He Ever Shut Up), Many, Many, Many Words of Neal Hallford.
  6. nealiios

I've kicked that idea around, actually. My Amazon single about the derailment of the Sunset Limited started off as a Facebook post, then I later expanded it. Only thing is, not sure who would buy it. Pretty much all of the people who are most interested are probably already either directly...
  7. nealiios

You won't believe these games are not available on Steam/GOG

There's a long story about that.
  8. nealiios

Not so sure about level-headed, but flat-headed is a distinct possibility. When I was in kindergarten, I frequently won the eraser races. (Do you whipper snappers even still do that sort of thing, or did that go out with greased bear wrestling too?)
  9. nealiios

Kevin Saunders has joined Nexon to head a new RPG studio - SHUT DOWN

Many Bothans dyed to bring you this message. (They're all kind of puce now, which is a big improvement over the pinky-green they were before.)
  10. nealiios

Update on the panel for Long Beach Comic Con. New deets: "Worldbuilding and Magic Systems: A Character of Their Own," Sunday, September 18th, 11:00am-12:00pm, Rumble Room, S7" Sent an invite to Chris Avellone to come and play as well, but don't know whether or not he'll be able to join us yet...
  11. nealiios

Kevin Saunders has joined Nexon to head a new RPG studio - SHUT DOWN

Howdy, here's the updated info on ze panel: "Worldbuilding and Magic Systems: A Character of Their Own," Sunday, September 18th, 11:00am-12:00pm, Rumble Room, S7" Sent an invite to Chris Avellone to come and play as well, but don't know whether or not he'll be able to join us yet. Will update...
  12. nealiios

Probably not for a bit, but I do intend at some point to write up something not only about McKee, but also Vogler (The Writer's Journey) and Blake Snyder (Save the Cat!), all of whom have beneficial things to say, but when they get dogmatic they can unintentionally straight jacket the creative...
  13. nealiios

Here's the crazy thing about the train wreck. I STILL love train travel, and if I had my druthers, I'd probably still do most of my traveling that way if time and finances allowed. I did have a period of time right after the wreck that I'd be edgy on train trips (and couldn't fall asleep on...
  14. nealiios

As I often say, if a tree falls on my Facebook page, Gorath dies again on the Codex. Yes, it's true, I have Krondor Confidential - Part VIII almost ready to fly, and it'll go live on my NealHallford.com blog later this afternoon / evening. If you've been wondering where I was last month, you can...
  15. nealiios

KickStarter TaleSpire - Digital Role-playing System

You just call on my name, and you know wherever I am... (Suddenly everybody is posting to me all over the Codex today. Did I die? ;) ) I like the screen shots. Look very nice. Reminds me of good ole Baldur's Gate. Warm and fuzzy feelings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom