Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Nathaniel3W

1. Nathaniel3W

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

No, probably not. There are two things causing my slowdown: collision and draw calls. Collision in a 3D game engine is done through an octree lookup. An octree lookup is fast. But if you have a lot of small objects close together, then the game engine could get bogged down as the player...
  2. Nathaniel3W

Still working on the wheat. Changing the texture under the crops should be really easy. I can probably just use the same texture but tile it smaller and multiply it by a different color. The texture density will be different (I'm trying to keep it really close to constant to help with the pixel...
  3. Nathaniel3W

Wow. The most positive and encouraging thing I'm going to see today came from RobotSquirrel on RPG Codex. Most people here would have told Bester "lol you suck."
  4. Nathaniel3W

Congrats on the progress. It looks very Prosper-like. Getting the first instance of anything is the hardest. Now that you've made act 1, act 2 should go a lot faster.
  5. Nathaniel3W

The_Sloth_Sleeps Thanks for taking a look. Here it is at half density. I suppose it still kind of looks like a wheat field. But it's definitely sparser. Maybe I can get away with it. Maybe with a combination of more stalks per mesh and lower density I can get the performance up.
  6. Nathaniel3W

Hey guys, I'm wondering if you have any experience with stuff like this. In Unreal Engine 3 I have this level that has some farms. The farms have interactive foliage actors, which are basically decorative plants that you push around when you walk through them. Individually they are very cheap to...
  7. Nathaniel3W

You could license some music or use royalty-free music. There's tons out there. You might be surprised at how good the quality is and how cheap you can license music. You don't even need to go to those music libraries. The Unity Asset Store has tons that you can use.
  8. Nathaniel3W

I am Crispy. So you too, Crispy?

Sum Drunk Crispy when?
  9. Nathaniel3W

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

ERYFKRAD Fullered Long Warsword Blade Bronze Falx Guard Tapered Horn Grip Fan Pommel No mods or anything. Base damage is 120 cut. You can mess with blade length and stuff to get more damage, but it'll reduce your handling. You can get all the necessary crafting materials by smelting Pugios...
  10. Nathaniel3W

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

I think you're looking at most of the options already. For weapons, there's a really good craftable two-handed sword that goes with civilian wear. I haven't played in a while, and maybe the new blocking system makes that sword a lot less useful, but man did that thing chop up guards during...
  11. Nathaniel3W

What game are you wasting time on?

I've been looking more into auto-battlers, mostly looking for a new audience to sell my game to. I'm going to have to learn more about Xenoblade Chronicles X now. I also downloaded AFK Journey after reading about it on Penny Arcade. It's a free-to-play gacha game that gives you rewards while...
  12. Nathaniel3W

Wellness check on H. P. Lovecraft's Cat?

Don't forget people shilling their games! We're here too.
  13. Nathaniel3W

Septaroad Voyager, like Final Fantasy 12 if it were built in the Octopath Traveler engine. Early Access on 1 June. Anyone want to review or test?

I have a fully playable, but plotless, procgen campaign. I'm focusing right now on the main campaign. I have prologues for 3 of the 7 characters and I hope to have 7 prologues and 7 first chapters done by June. Here's a preview of the (tutorial- and exposition-heavy) prologues I've done so far...
  14. Nathaniel3W

Reworked some particle effects for Septaroad Voyager. I spend almost all of my time doing stuff that doesn't look flashy and attention-grabbing on Twitter, so it's nice when I can work on something people might actually look at.
  15. Nathaniel3W

Where is that Whore of a Mother trophy?

Woo! Check it out! I feel so special they made a trophy especially for my autistic need for trophies to be awarded. Anyone else get their trophies?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom