Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by muffildy

1. Game News Avadon 2: The Corruption Released

Anyone know how to get into Krymhylas lair? Hes the wind demon who blows you around; i can get past his incubis and fire turrets/freeze mines, but then theres a poritcullis that is down and i cant seem to find a switch or anything to raise it.
  2. Horizon

So horizon popped up on steam as an early access recently; anyone tried it? from the pics it looks like it might be a moo1 clone.
  3. Idiot's guide to Space Rangers 2

modules are your wallets friend buy the smallest cheapest stuff you can find and install a powerful module on it and you get a cheap powerful item. For example, there is a module that adds 1500 radar range, put this onto the 2nd lowest tech radar and you get a radar with around 3300 (science...
  4. Master of Orion 2 tips

telepathic is very powerful because of mind control - the entire colony, no matter the size, can be taken over in 1 turn; no waiting for enemy population to convert or threat of rebellion, in a small map you could even rush a cruiser and take over an enemy empire blitzcrieg. because of the way...
  5. Do you do Navarro runs? (Fallout 2)

navarro I dont do navarro runs, but i do tend to meta-game it a bit; like ill usually try to get to san fran for unarmed training, and then the boxing bags for a bit more, and then taking drugs to lower my abilities and training myself in that state so i spend less skill points to get more...
  6. Games with party members that actually act like friends?

npc mods I so wish that people would make more awesome npc mods for bg2 - i would love it if instead of just a single npc, someone would make a well developed party - a group of friends of not necessarily the same alignment that had good banter because of their similarities and their...
  7. Drop-in D20 mechanics

sued either of those sounds good, but i think its kind of pointless since any game creator would first need to get rights to use the ruleset or theyd end up being sued.
  8. Are unbalanced/convoluted rule systems more fun?

unbalanced Id say it depends on what your facing in the game. If i have to fight against hordes of moderate enemies with the occasional unbelievably impossible boss then i would like to have some unbalanced abilities to counter with; for example, see dragon age 2 ancient rock wraith fight is...
  9. Spell "to hit"

could work it could work, so long as you made it so the ability to use those to hit spells was balanced similarly to the ability to use the bow - eg the mana cost or the number of times able to cast per day should be such that you could cast it a very large number of times. Dont think it would...
  10. Company News Bethesda Threatens Minecraft Creator Over Scrolls Name

ithas to stop People really need to just stop buying bethesda games until they stop sueing everyone.
  11. TB strategy games W/O luck element?

gal civ galactic civilizations 2 seems to not have much in the way of luck - theres just 1 random roll i think and thats planetary invasions which can be entirely avoided. of course it plays like an excel sheet.
  12. Is anyone else getting annoyed with DLCs?

dlc DLC is an excellent idea, but it currently has a very poor value per dollar. If they reduced the price to what the new content was actually worth then i might actually buy it, but at the current prices its just not worth it.
  13. smugglers 4

So anyone given this one a go? It sounds a lot like space rangers so it could be good.
  14. starpoint gemini

yea yea i read that thread already as i stated. I was hoping some people might have played through it a lot more to get a bit more a depth analysis. Soo bored so i decided to buy it; so far its not that good. Would be nice if i could stop the camera from focusing on the targeted object...
  15. starpoint gemini

So i just found out about this game, anyone playing it? I found a thread that was whining about it using no z -axis, but to me unless its a flight sim like wing commander then i can do without it. I played the hell out of space rangers 1 & 2, would anyone say its better or atleast as good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom