Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Mozg

1. Mozg

Capcom Monster Hunter: World - pre-release thread

Bleah, Zinogre looks like the monster equivalent of a 7-color JRPG sword with covered with gems, skulls, horns, and random pointy parts. Tigrex's charge legitimately activates some cave man predator-fear part of the brain. I like the monsters that still seem like plausibly natural predators...
  2. Mozg

Some weapons have a dodge-roll but AFIACT it has little or no invincibility compared to DS. Some weapons can block, some can't. You also have to sheathe your weapon to run, and unsheathing attacks have different properties so sheathing/running/unsheathing ends up being a major part of...
  3. Mozg

Boring/annoying JRPG strategy guide stuff (e.g. mine this thing from this map and add these three other similar easter egg hunt things to make a piece of armor) plus cool boss fights with wrinkles like letting you break parts of a monster's body (e.g. break their horns off, cut their tails off)...
  4. Mozg

Incline ArcSys saving fighting games with Dragon Ball FighterZ

That Frieza references video actually kinda makes it seem like ASW doesn't do outlandishly 2D facial expressions. Frieza breaking out into crazy Joker faces is part of his character. Although they might just not have hit that level of polish yet on the character yet, Goku looks more finished.
  5. Mozg

Took like 30 minutes to hack down the hypnotrice in MHFU in the first "high rank" difficulty quest with a 700 damage longsword, and that's a monster that will never hit you and that you get to punish with 1-2 longsword hits after almost every attack it does. Looking at the upgrades that become...
  6. Mozg

Dead Cells, an indie roguelite Metroidvania

Every stat scroll you get in Dead Cells multiplies the derived stat by the square root of 2 (so, every two stat scrolls you get doubles the derived stat). Meaning, your HP when you have health 5 is double what you have at health 3, health 7 has quadruple the HP of health 3, etc. So, stats are...
  7. Mozg

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

LGK is also a really good fight on an SL1 run, setting aside his player invasion gimmick. His stats and HP aren't really good enough to stand up to the typical character at that point in the game so you just kind of speedbump over him normally, but it's a good boss design around the gimmick of...
  8. Mozg

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

What's the right way to do that statue room? The couple of times I've done it I used the same basic exploit where I lured all the invincible knights onto the ground floor of the spikes room, then ran around them and climbed the ladder so I could leisurely go break the statues. Seems kinda cheap...
  9. Mozg

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

It's really missing some dynamic lighting.
  10. Mozg

I'm still on the lowish-end I guess. Carrying stacks of potions and a stack of flashbangs still feels like cheating. Wonder if they'll have mouse aiming on the ranged weapons in MHW PC.
  11. Mozg

I can't remember the specifics of DMC upgrades. Is it like level 1 guns, level 2 guns? I remember retrying that fight with the two headless guys with dual swords in DMC3 for hours. If it were MH I think I'd have tried to make a better sword. I remember the red currency items in DMC3 but not what...
  12. Mozg

Weird, she said it doesn't have throws?
  13. Mozg

Whut, MH is like 75% RPG. Just because there's technically no XP doesn't mean it's seriously different from the RPG power-uppah structure. What do you think, "Use loot to get more loot to get more loot" is about? And the (extremely) different weapons are analogous to classes or builds in an...
  14. Mozg

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Nah, they nerfed the hell out of it. It's just OK, and you spend a large % of the time playing a normal melee character except with an infusion and buff. Easiest is probably rob+flynn with a rapier, you ain't gotta learn shit before things die to spam.
  15. Mozg

Hopefully they dumb it down from their usual standard. Just looking at the options in the menus of practice mode for BB or Xrd is enough to make me, a person that can accurately describe what "meaty" and "chicken blocking" mean, look for something else to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom