Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Momock

1. Anime Ys series

I remember an impossible optional boss unless you grind for hours in Napishtim + boring field and lame level design. And WTH is wrong with platforming? About Ys X, it's cool that they're moving away from the crapy party formula, but it will be all for nothing if they keep pushing the retarded...
  2. KickStarter Most satisfying naming pattern for a series?

Naming your first game "1" off the bat leads to think this is an episodic series, an nobody will buy it until the series is complete.
  3. Any good metroidvania recommendations?

Good game, I had fun with equipment and synergies. Good replayability too (once finished, you unlock new classes) The metroid aspect is nonexistent, though.
  4. Review JRPG Codex Review: The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie

Are you from the distant past or something?
  5. Atlus Persona 5

But why do you think the western fans liked their games for in the first place? Not because they were like any other shitty western game. Westernization of japanese games is hopefully doomed to failed.
  6. VOTE - Top Codex JRPG List - Using Scores - Closed

Ys Origins and 1+2 were lumped together for some reason. Since I wanted to give a 5 to Origins and a 3 to 1+2, I had to compromise and put a 4, witch is unfair to Origins. And maybe I missed it, but I didn't see Baiten Kaitos. Anyway: has voted.
  7. Personally, I think it's now safe to say Disco Elysium is better than Planescape: Torment.

Well, yeah, it includes gameplay, stats and stuff. That all the game you consider not being RPGs have. So...?
  8. Personally, I think it's now safe to say Disco Elysium is better than Planescape: Torment.

You aren't requiered to do your job (and even lose it) in DE either, but I don't see how it makes it more or less RPG. If you have a mandatory main quest it's not a RPG?
  9. Personally, I think it's now safe to say Disco Elysium is better than Planescape: Torment.

rusty_shackleford: PST and DE are extremely similar in how you roleplay your character, that's why the comparison comes naturraly to mind: you play an amnesiac dude who stumbles across his past mistakes (and past love) and decides how to act toward these discoveries. Does he regret? Own his...
  10. Bayonetta 3

I thought she was Cereza...
  11. Selaco - A Doom engine FPS inspired by FEAR and the classics - coming to Early Access in May

Don't talk the devs into nerfing it, ffs! Make them build all the game around it instead! It feels amazing to slide-jump like a first person Richter Belmont.
  12. Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Okay guys, explain to me how quicksaves don't ruin the concept of mimics (it ruins everything, but we'll stick to the mimics for now).
  13. Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

And shot this same thing in the head with quicksaves, the cancer of PC gaming.
  14. What does an ideal cRPG look like to you? What game has come the closest to that idea?

Fallout 2. In short: an open ended open world combined with an open ended main quest solvable by many ways that transpires on everything you do during your adventure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom