Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Meatpies

1. Meatpies

Ultima Ultima-Where to begin?

The blow to my infinitesimal ego demands I play 4 now. I'll go with xu4 then.
  2. Meatpies

Ultima Ultima-Where to begin?

As far as ultima goes, I haven't completed a single one; I usually lock up when deciding which one is the best introduction to the series. Many have told me the original "Age of Darkness" trilogy is not worth my time, and that I should begin straight from Ultima 4. However even Ultima 4 seems...
  3. Meatpies

Are Action RPGs Dull?

Dragon's Dogma is damn good. I've put it on hold for awhile due to a rumor of an incoming PC port.
  4. Meatpies

Are Action RPGs Dull?

I first cut my teeth on RPGs with games like Diablo; A game which filled me with imagination and an incurable addiction to descend to the next level of the catacombs. However, now being a bit older and having played many more ARPGs I become more and more jaded of the genre. Incessant clicking...
  5. Meatpies

Interview CD Projekt Developers Talk About Witcher 3's Open World C&C at Rock Paper Shotgun

I hate that game devs feel the need to throw out hours of gameplay to make the product sound valuable enough You can't just focus on releasing a good product, need to pad it out just so you can say shit like that.
  6. Meatpies

People News Announcing: Matt Barton's Kickstarter Project!

This gave me a good laugh. Matt has a good sense of humor when he's not flip-flopping about what games he actually likes.
  7. Meatpies

Finding time for this hobby

Does it move slow as shit like the SNES version of might and magic 3?
  8. Meatpies

Coincidentally, I started with that instead. But I grew tired of grey stone walls rather quickly; I'd take black abyss walls akin to akalabeth over a grey brick forest any day. That's good advice, thank you. It's just so hard to do when all of my "backlog"(I detest that word) is so...
  9. Meatpies

Hello Codexers. I have been lurking for a fair share of time and began wondering where can you all find the time to play such long and complex games? I recently started playing Might and magic 3(my first crpg pre-fallout) and after playing for nearly the entire weekend I believe I've only...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom