Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by McPlusle

1. McPlusle

Icewind Dale The Icewind Dale Series Thread

Is it just me or does IWD feel way longer than BG? I just replayed BG2 so I might just be Infinity'd out for a while but IWD1's first chapter alone just felt glacial, no pun intended.
  2. McPlusle

Ultima The Ultima Series Discussion Thread

Am I spoiled by newer ("newer" meaning late 90s/early 00s for the most part) RPGs or does Ultima 7 seem pretty light in terms of gameplay elements? Obviously it has a very detailed world where you can move stuff around a la Underworld/System Shock, but that seems to be its most impressive...
  3. McPlusle

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

Are the console versions of I & II as well-liked as the console versions of the Wizardry games tend to be?
  4. McPlusle

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Somewhat ashamed to ask, but is there an alternate character creator for Wiz6? Not trying to cheat and make a maxed party at the start; I just want a faster reroll than the glacial process in the actual game.
  5. McPlusle

KickStarter Police Stories - top-down SWAT

Anyone played this? It's on sale right now but I've gotten burned by games trying to throw back to great classics (such as Swat in this case) so many times that I don't even know if it'll be worth the buy-refund process.
  6. McPlusle

The John Tiller Thread of Hex Hell and Suffering

I remember like 15 years ago finding a copy of West Front that my dad bought some time before and installing it on my shitty Dell laptop and having no idea what the fuck I was doing. I've since rebought the Campaign Series set and the Battleground Civil War set (he told me that when I was a baby...
  7. McPlusle

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

I hate to admit that this game is at least less mechanically painful than New Vegas. And hearing that it's under 20 hours is honestly nice to hear.
  8. McPlusle

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Peaked? Am I really that due to give NV another chance? The mechanics bugged the hell out of me (that's obviously less on them and more on the base they built upon) but if it's that good...
  9. McPlusle

Is the first world just a poor initial impression or does it set the entire game's general formula?
  10. McPlusle

Incline Say one GOOD thing about a SHIT game

Neverwinter Nights had an excellent creation kit.
  11. McPlusle

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The fact that there's an objective marker immediately in front of you when you first get control is a bad sign. That's somewhat reassuring. I wasn't a New Vegas fan either, though, (though that was largely for mechanical reasons) so I guess there's just a strong chance that this won't be my thing.
  12. McPlusle

There's a lot wrong here. Maybe I'm just really cynical but it does look like they've still put the "mediocre open-world FPS" part way, way before the RPG part. Also, considering stealth is apparently noteworthy enough for this video to show it so prominently, why the fuck are you not able to...
  13. McPlusle

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

I can't wait for Tim Schafer to find a way to drain all of MS's resources
  14. McPlusle

I mean, if you're gonna actually pay to play it, would you rather it be $5 to M$ or $60 to Epic
  15. McPlusle

POSTAL 4: No Regerts from Running with Scissors

The fuck is with the dude-rock music

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom