Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by mastroego

1. mastroego

Thanks pal, much appreciated :)

Thanks pal, much appreciated :)
  2. mastroego

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

It's awesome actually... but discontinued. Such is the way of things.
  3. mastroego

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

hmmm, not so fresh in my memory anymore... but perhaps the final one of Jaheira's quest. I did speed it up with the console, as I initially intended to replace Jaheira. The battle would probably have happened after coming back from Spellhold, otherwise.
  4. mastroego

Well, I downloaded a mod made by someone else. It seems decently done. I wanted a Fighter/Cleric but veto'ed Anomen.
  5. mastroego

Had to pause it for a while actually. Lately I've been playing games in short bursts, switching between them. Anyway, the last save was just after finishing the Sphere. The party is stable now. Charname (dual classed Berserker/Mage), Imoen (thanks to the mod), Jaheira (whom I didn't have the...
  6. mastroego

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

oh, and I suppose that's another 29 gigs to download for the n-th time. I mean, it's just a hotfix after all
  7. mastroego

I have seen her only briefly so far. I knocked her out and didn't meet her again, obviously I can't say I have studied her or her expressions. At first glance, I like her more than Viconia, whom I find rather plain in her BG2 portrait.
  8. mastroego

I for one like her appearance more than Viconia's
  9. mastroego

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Yeah, it's more balanced now. Yes, aliens can hear each other if they're close (and if you're loud) but they may also be caught off guard. I have no complaints about pods activation with the more recent versions of the mod. Sometimes, of course, things can still go awry. That is, indeed, the...
  10. mastroego

If you do, avoid the higher difficulties at first. Some knowledge of the mechanics is required in order not to be totally owned by the aliens on brutal and such. There's a dedicated LWR discord channel too. People will discuss tactics there, which can be useful.
  11. mastroego

I don't think the gargantuan versions are in LWR anymore. But yes, there were issues with LW, even though it was a fantastic mod already for what it brought to the table. But tust me, everything has been reworked, and for the better, in LWR. By now LW is but a distant memory. Even Air Combat...
  12. mastroego

XC1 + LW + LWR is where it's at, imho. LW Rebalance's devs have been delving deeper and deeper into the codebase of the game, it's unbelievable how much the game has evolved even from LW, which was already a "modding event" in itself. (I mean the byproduct of it was a new game studio). XCOM2...
  13. mastroego

agris. Seriously. If you want a more "grounded" game, go for XCOM 1 + Long War mod + Long War Rebalance modmod *. If you want more craziness and mindless fun, then XCOM 2 + WotC + handpicked selection of mods. * keep in mind that Rebalance gets updates and revisions constantly. You have to...
  14. mastroego

Engine fixes doesn't just mean performance, it means fixes that couldn't be done without reworking the engine.
  15. mastroego

I was about to say, WotC comes with serious engine fixes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom