Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Marat Sar

1. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The woman is Dolores Dei, an Innocence -- an embodiment of the World Spirit (the highest category of historic figure in Elysium). Here she is, on the poster in more detail... (tremble in fear, bandwidth!)
  2. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

These are both interesting questions -- indeed, too interesting to discuss on a public forum. (Even MCA didn't drop sales numbers and politics in his legendary thread did he...)
  3. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

It's not quite that insane, but yeah, there are -- I'd say -- more than one such strange playthrough in there. And since our most important checks are active checks which you can miraculously fail rolling, even if you're good at them, you get glimpses of those low int and low psyche etc...
  4. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

First, there's more than one case to solve. (We really should look into that part of our official copy, make it clearer.) There's a big main case and some substantial side-cases that affect the main case -- but can also remain separate. I'd say there are 5 big ones, ranging in size from 10% to...
  5. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yup. Changed in development, for balancing reasons. It's now Savoir Faire, which makes a little more sense too, or at least to me it does. We de-sexed and de-dancified Composure so it would be body language and clothes rack centered. The two are still an excellent combination for ultimate disco-cop.
  6. RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Was fun as hell. Re work, we'll make it happen one day. This century's just started, the future looks bright. What a thread too, man. Thank you.
  7. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

:D LOL. It's my two days off, so I'm here to google my own game and give an un-rockstarsmanlike amount of information on it. Passive skills (the famous talking skills) are gates. You need to have INT+Logic+bonuses from Thought Cabinet and drugs => 10 for a Normal difficulty Logic to "fire" as...
  8. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The answer would go too deep into spoilerland I'm afraid, but it's there. Precinct 41 is there and there is accountability and protocol.
  9. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

When I'm insanely, thoroughly hungry I can get 40 of those bad boys in me. But that's just hot dogs, not hours of playtime in an open world RPG, which is impossible to predict atm. When I'm just blowing through a regular weekend eating hot dogs, I can get like 25-30 of them in me, yeah. I mean...
  10. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Balancing is still very much in process so I can't say precisely -- but the main choice that encourages many playthroughs is how much you put into the four attributes at character creation (beginning of the game). The starting bonus is also the learning cap, see. So if you roll a 6 INT and 4 FYS...
  11. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

It's a great film and one of the original inspirations for doing a cop-movie thing in the Elysium setting; along with a TV series called The Shield. We've even done a storyline very much "inspired" by Assault in pen and paper, worked really really well. The setting can be used to do different...
  12. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

To be honest, all the political thoughts are parodies of themselves in Disco Elysium. The worldbuilding project itself is in many ways a parody of our world, albeit a rather serious parody. As the story progresses you may begin to think: could I be compensating for some personal issues with all...
  13. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

We'd be solid if we sold as many copies as PS:T (300 to 400k). Now if only the codex front page reacted to our incredibly thoughtful, turbo-hard-core blog posts about rpg mechanics, even though they don't come sweetened with video content, and / or aren't kickstarter updates. I mean, c'mon...
  14. Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Suggestion is more of a sleazeball, a horny doormat and a fawner. It flatters and picks up on flattery. Can be quite useful from time to time. Can also leave a weird impression of you. Rhetoric is more of an annoying nitpicker who's haranguing with petty stuff. It's always argumentative and...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom