Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Lunac

1. Lunac

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

Seems the only question is which console to get?! Now that it has been confirmed that both consoles are featuring next-after-next level gen hardware, you know: crazy amount of cores (32+) high clocks (6GHz boosts even) crazy IPC counts (double or triple the best Intel or AMD have to offer right...
  2. Lunac

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

The horror....the horror... I find myself playing retro games more and more on my offline WinXP era PC or my old Win9x/DOS machine, because these "online, interactive for your convenience, DRM-lite user-friendly storefronts" are making it hell to do modern PC gaming. (its been console ports for...
  3. Lunac

Incline Unreal Engine 5: final nail of Unity's coffin?

That Jane Nash body movement circa 2008 3DMark Vantage! Oufff! You guys are easily impressed or wayyy too young. First, consoles are not going to be doing this, this gen or next. Consoles are powered by tuned IPC-deficient low power AMD CPUs with buncha shitty Radeon magic bolted in, and that's...
  4. Lunac

Decline When did decline start to you?

Love the folks saying "It's all fine now! Was badddd few years ago!". "Fine now" they say, as they point at mountains of pixelshit, "indie" garbage, and babby's first unity gaem on Steam, coded by millennial Soyboys holding their Switches/PS-xbox controllers whilst they work on their...
  5. Lunac

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

Much like the last gen consoles, these are just budget entry-level gaming AMD PCs circa 2018 in customized small form factor cases. Truly custom and specialized hardware consoles are dead, with PS3 being the last of it's kind. At least the original xbox had a nice top end GeForce-3 GPU in it...
  6. Lunac

X-COM Firaxis - XCOM: Enemy Unknown + Enemy Within Expansion

Someone on a gaming reddit mentioned there are as many as SIX(6) FMVs before even the first mission begins (in one of the nuXcom games). Some are even un-skippable FMVs! I know RPGcodex skews towards the hardcore "will-play-any-damn-thing-including-flash-malware-web-gaem" demographics, but WHY...
  7. Lunac

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Used to be you could try these small-time shareware games (you call them "indie" now?) for free in shareware mode or get them in bulk in thousands on a single CD as a "Shareware Collection Vol 49!!!" for about $5 or $6. NOW you want me to pay up, UP FRONT, on average $5-6 for EACH, without even...
  8. Lunac

Thanks guys! I always wanted to try some (indio?) games. I've spent just over $100 and got some choice titles you guys listed up. Feels great to support my local garage game devs in this time of need and global crisis. I REALLY enjoy some zoomer soy-boy retard's remake/take on RPG classics of...
  9. Lunac

Crysis Remastered

Christ! From all that, I don't think I got half way through the game. Maybe 10% then. I do remember a part where I got tired of cinematic blow-shit-up stuffs and tried AND successfully traversed an entire "level" in cloak, passing by dozens of enemies, to arrive at the "quest marker" destination...
  10. Lunac

Shabbat shalom brother!

Shabbat shalom brother!
  11. Lunac

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

Snapmap, that's it! So, google tells me it was Lego/Duplo level of simple, still it failed? Nice! Hail our genZ ADHD Minecraft overlords without any creative skills! Do any games even come with sandbox editors anymore? ... .. .
  12. Lunac

"Tower-Defense/RPG Hybrid"? :D Also, are these games compatible with WinUHA 2.0? Thanks. ... .. .
  13. Lunac

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

So, is Doom 2016 capable of custom "wads" as it were? I have a hazy memory of somekind online slow-to-load "marketplace" interface where it would recommend "maps" (user made??, never could figure out if it was DLCs or user made content). I remember trying one or two of the "suggested and top...
  14. Lunac

Umm, can anyone recommend some indie games on Steam? Like, some rare gems? Must be indie. On Steam. Games. Thanks. ... .. . :D
  15. Lunac

Crysis Remastered

Current gen console remaster? Wait, current gen consoles are Jaguar based, as in Jaguar based AM1 platform Semprons. Sure, we are talking specialized and highly tuned Semprons, but still Semprons with a IPC heritage of a potato and platform originally geared towards ultra-low-power budget builds...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom