Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice
Lucas9
Last Activity:
Jan 22, 2017 at 3:53 AM
Parrots:
Kodex Kool Kredits:
Positive ratings received:
Neutral ratings received:
Negative ratings received:

Post Ratings

Received: Given:
Button 5 0
Acknowledge this user's Agenda 9 0
prosper 22 0
Brofist 385 0
Goldfist 0 0
Funny 80 0
Agree 113 0
Disagree 37 0
incline 6 0
decline 39 0
meh 14 0
Rage 14 0
Negative 14 0
Thanks! 9 0
Prestigious 21 0
Salute 52 0
Interesting 21 0
Informative 39 0
Citation Needed 12 0
Friendly 7 0
Fabulous 16 0
Creative 7 0
butthurt 17 0
Racist 3 0
"It was Aliens" 2 0
sheeple 6 0
cuck 20 0
it is a mystery 6 0
Old 0 0
Bad Spelling 5 0
WTF am I reading 10 0
retadred 46 0
Shit 23 0
Excited! 9 0
Doggy 5 0
:M 17 0
Smug 1 0
Yuge! 0 0
Best Deal! 1 0
WTF!? 0 0
Love! 0 0
Build the Wall! 2 0
Win! 0 0
Yes! 1 0
Disgusting! 0 0
You're Fired! 0 0

Stalkers 1

Birthday:
Nov 12, 1992 (Age: 24)

Lucas9

Scholar, Mudcrab, 24, from Vvardenfell.

"I spent a lot of time on criticizing old cRPGs, making game lists and half-assed reviews. The rest I just squandered." Jan 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM

Lucas9 was last seen:
Jan 22, 2017 at 3:53 AM
    1. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      "I spent a lot of time on criticizing old cRPGs, making game lists and half-assed reviews. The rest I just squandered."
    2. Bumvelcrow
      Bumvelcrow
      I apologise for giving you a WTF rating. I always feel bad after that. But you're really fucking wrong about Morrowind and Skyrim, you degenerate.
      1. MediantSamuel and Pipemen Brofist this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. an Administrator
        an Administrator
        Did you just insult Morrowind, N'wah?
        Jan 18, 2017 at 2:54 PM
        MediantSamuel Brofists this.
      4. Bumvelcrow
        Bumvelcrow
        I misread your post, so have a brofist to make up for it! :) You're still wrong about most other things, though.
        Jan 18, 2017 at 3:01 PM
      5. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        Actually I can't be wrong since it's something that varies from person to person. I never said better graphics make a game a better RPG, they only make it more enjoyable to play. Just like how a movie in 1080p is more enjoyable than the same movie, in YouTube, at 480.
        Jan 18, 2017 at 4:17 PM
    3. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      k, Eschalon really looks charming. Being infected by disease for looting a skeleton and the lockpick animation really sold it for me.
      1. Nekot-The-Brave Brofists this.
      2. Nekot-The-Brave
        Nekot-The-Brave
        It's a cool game.
        Jan 17, 2017 at 5:17 AM
    4. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      At the very least new users should be allowed to use the "Thanks" post rating, I feel stupid having to reply.
      1. Irenaeus
        Irenaeus
        Thanks!
        Jan 15, 2017
        Bumvelcrow Brofists this.
    5. commie
      commie
      You spend more time bitching about what to play and what not to play than actually playing anything....
      1. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        I think I'm going through a 24-years old crisis of "I'm wasting my life".
        Jan 15, 2017
        WhiteGuts Brofists this.
    6. NeoKino
      NeoKino
      Have you played Super Hero League of Hoboken yet?
      1. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        Nope, but I'm not really interested in superhero-like videogames, hence why I'm not interested in Freedom Force either.
        Jan 15, 2017
      2. NeoKino
        NeoKino
        Market oversaturation or you just hate capeshit en genera?
        Jan 15, 2017
      3. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        I'm not really a comic-book/superhero type of guy. Closest I am is Batman and Iron Man, if only because they are the coolest of the bunch. Even so, I only like the movies (Nolan trilogy and Iron Man 1), couldn't care less about the characters themselves.
        Jan 15, 2017
    7. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      So I'm stuck with 280 games I'm interested in. Fuck chronology, I'm itching for Fallout!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. an Administrator
        an Administrator
        Play Wizardry IV and update us on how far you can get
        Jan 15, 2017
      3. Watser
        Watser
        I knew you weren't man enough to focus on your goal, having to cut corners like a woman. Sad!
        Jan 15, 2017
      4. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        I just don't want to play shit RPGs and people can't seem to take off their nostalgia glasses to give me the answers I want, so I just got rid of every cRPG I'm not interested in, either because people don't talk good about it, it looks like shit, or it barely offers anything of interest.
        Jan 15, 2017
    8. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Narrowed down my two lists of RPGs to play to 340. I'm thinking, what I'll do, is ask users what game would they like to see me play. List:
      1. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        Jan 13, 2017
      2. commie
        commie
        Just play 1 game and call it a day...for you I'd recommend Fall of Setariff as it's about 3 hours long and you've shown you want to play as few RPG's for as little time as possible.
        Jan 14, 2017
      3. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        Joke's on you, I'll be playing ArcaniA and expansion eventually.
        Jan 14, 2017
    9. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      From 548 RPGs to play to 380... and the trimming continues.
    10. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      I want to get off the 260 RPGs ride.
      2. _____
        _____
        You need more variety. Now play Vampire Bloodlines or Ultima Underworld.
        Jan 13, 2017
        an Administrator Brofists this.
      3. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        I think I played Secret of Mana, Phantasy Star, Lufia, among others. I didn't like any of them.
        Jan 13, 2017
      4. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        No idea what I'll do regarding the lists of RPGs. I'm going to be playing Ultima now, then Wizardry. After I'm done with those two, I will have come up with an idea.
        Jan 13, 2017
    11. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Level 16 in Rogue. Will have to keep trying tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be playing Ultima and Wizardry by the end of the month.
    12. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Odyssey - The Compleat Apventure turned out to be another shit game, and I don't want to play it anymore.
    13. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      When you make a comment about a game you played for two hours and it is your most brofisted comment on the Codex.
      1. Naveen Brofists this.
      2. nonoriri
        nonoriri
        because you only played it for two hours it's probably shit but since you already played it for two hours you can't get a refund
        Jan 10, 2017
    14. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Odyssey - The Compleat Apventure is already a better game than the sequel to Temple of Apshai.
    15. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Hellfire Warrior... die... a god damn Dwarf steals all my loot and magic equipment. Fucking shit.
    16. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Now playing Hellfire Warrior (1980). Aleksander, the one who will explore the dungeon!
    17. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Avellone, Sawyer, Garriott. Whenever any famous developer replies to my tweets, they make my day.
      1. an Administrator
        an Administrator
        You world is small
        Jan 4, 2017
      2. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        My penis is small.
        Jan 4, 2017
      3. an Administrator
        an Administrator
        Disagree
        Jan 4, 2017
    18. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      I think I got hold of all Eamon adventures, up to date (I had to fix one myself), except one (which I can't find anywhere). Hit me up.
    19. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Anyone here knows how to edit a line in an Apple II DSK file?
      1. dag0net
        dag0net
        emulate/\decompress first..
        Jan 2, 2017
      2. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        For reference, I'm using AppleWin and I am in the dark regarding anything Apple II. All I know is how to boot disks, use the CATALOG command, and run things inside the disks. Not much more than that.
        Jan 2, 2017
      3. dag0net
        dag0net
        Jan 3, 2017
    20. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Experimenting with Eamon. More tomorrow.
    21. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Another one in the dead book! Wilderness Campaign (1979), completed!
      2. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        True, but it had interesting stuff.
        Dec 31, 2016
      3. Delterius
        Delterius
        Like what?
        Dec 31, 2016
      4. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        Having to kept your army fed and paid, being able to recruit more people, needing different items to sort obstacles. Even the combat system was interesting, taking into account different variables (though ultimately broken).
        Dec 31, 2016
        Delterius Brofists this.
    22. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Wilderness Campaign is proving far more challenging and complex than Dungeon Campaign. Ampliaremos.
    23. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      Headaches by the number. Will play Wilderness Campaign tomorrow, then post update.
    24. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      I'm thinking of playing Dungeon/Wilderness Campaigns before Rogue. Thoughts?
      2. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        It's right there, I don't remember in which list. Sadly I can't edit the OP after some time has passed.
        Dec 30, 2016
      3. an Administrator
        an Administrator
        Can't wait to see you playing Wizardry IV :P
        Dec 30, 2016
      4. Lucas9
        Lucas9
        At the very least I'll need three months before I get to playing it, lol. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have started this project right at my vacations, and spend them all playing games I'm not having fun playing, as opposed to some cool titles I'll find myself having no time to play in the future. :/
        Dec 31, 2016
    25. Lucas9
      Lucas9
      It's all ogre: Akalabeth (1979, Apple II) completed! Will post info on the 260 thread after I have something to drink and had a bath.
      1. ManjuShri and an Administrator Brofist this.
      2. an Administrator
        an Administrator
        Dammit you have hell of WILLPOWER
        Dec 29, 2016
      3. Excommunicator
        Excommunicator
        Playing Akalabeth I was able to feel what it was like to be a blind man playing video games
        Dec 30, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 12, 1992 (Age: 24)

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)