Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Lhynn

1. Lhynn

Incline The City of Heroes Thread

Yes and no, it was always part of the same server. With their last update, I believe it was Freedom, the developers made two new aligments available, you no longer needed to be either a hero or a villain, you could be a vigilante or a rogue too. Doing alignment missions, which presented you with...
  2. Lhynn

Eh, its nonsense, people still use brutes to farm. Because end of the day they get to hit cap with resists and they have superior damage to tankers. Scrappers will die in farms if they arent careful, tanks wont do enough damage. I see a lot of problems with how they have handled the updates...
  3. Lhynn

Brutes are much better at tanking than scrappers, they have a higher hp and hp cap, and higher max resistances. I think its fine to have something between two extremes.
  4. Lhynn

Tank scalars are not even close to brutes, and tank damage didnt get touched overall, what tanks got was they lost the -20% res debuff in exchange for an increased area of effect and targets on their AoEs and slightly bigger damage to compensate. You will still do more damage on a brute by a...
  5. Lhynn

Brutes are pretty great, they just lost a little bit of their damage cap. They are a middle of the road between tanks and scrappers in terms of survivability/damage now.
  6. Lhynn

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Id replay any of the ones Ive listed, which i believe is a sign of a good rpg. Except new vegas, Ive played it enough that thinking about it makes me ill.
  7. Lhynn

This shit is annoying, can you really only think 10 favorite rpgs? Im leaving out so many. Only 10 hidden gems too? Those are rookie numbers.
  8. Lhynn

Top RPGs Atom Atom Trudograd Fallout Fallout: New Vegas BG1 BG3 City of Heroes Tale of Wuxia VtMB Hidden gems Heros Adventure: Road to passion Fate seeker Ho Tu Lo Shu Troubleshooter Alpha Brotocool Dragons Dongma Underrail Shadowrun dragonfall Karate Master 2: Knock Down Blow! Heads will roll...
  9. Lhynn

Im just saying bro. Find your particular group, or make one of your own. Recruit like minded individuals and run content with them. About four years ago I met two players and weve been running content since. You do not have to engage with people you do not like, you can turn of general chat and...
  10. Lhynn

Stop being such a massive faggot, just make a group of friends you enjoy doing content with and ignore everyone else.
  11. Lhynn

Mastermind is amaaazing. Theres enough to that AT to make a whole game around it. Its a class that can only be played effectively by setting up macros, you can order different minions to do different things or attack different targets. Its the only AT with summons that gives you such an insane...
  12. Lhynn

It is a little marvel of a game. It is a mystery how the same people that made it went on to make Champions online, a failed cashgrab that did everything wrong and stole everything that it did right from CoH. It blows my fucking mind my how player housing is a thing, game gives you incredibly...
  13. Lhynn

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

I have to wonder how it is possible that epic games gives one or two free games a week maybe, and Ive never had even the slightest impulse to play ANY of them. Its like a selection of the shittiest garbage that nobody should ever play.
  14. Lhynn

What drove BG3's success, game mechanics or emotional engagement?

It was immediately obvious she didnt belong. Her speech pattern is so unique and repelling, I could accept she is a general from hell however, so no knock on that side. The problem is that we have about a million tieflings from the same place that DO NOT SPEAK LIKE THAT. Best advice I can give...
  15. Lhynn

Titan Outpost Release Thread

7/10 games are great. They are also incredibly rare. I simply dont know how you are rating shit, but if this is two steps above average thats amazing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom