Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by kenney bounces

1. JA2:1.13, INSANE difficulty anyone?

Heh after a long long break, i finally went back to finish the dumb game. Quite simply, screw the towns, take your van filled of ammunition, charge straight into the garden maze. Kill, enter the underground bunker, then go upside and shoot the queen. Don't bother holding the towns.. waste...
  2. Game News AoD demo released

Hey VD, Is there a sticky on the bug list somewhere? Here's mine. 1) Running before the combat begins sometimes results in an infinite loop. 2) Talking to the arena master results in crashes quite often. 3) Had one save game bug. Can't load it. (saved this while in the arena).
  3. Dragon age: How i hated it, then actually enjoyed it.

There is a lot more character development for your party members later on. Any npc who gets more dialogue than usual.. you can count on them to die in the next scene. =p
  4. Dragon age: How i hated it, then actually enjoyed it.

Yes there is an option to turn off the persistent blood nonsense. The blood still splatters for a while though.
  5. Dragon age: How i hated it, then actually enjoyed it.

After watching the trailers and laughing my ass off at how horrible the game looked to be, i decided to just sit down and see how bad this game really was. First try, i play a fighter. I kill a rat, my whole group is covered in blood.???? I then go and fight a few things.. all my people run...
  6. Looking for Lead Artist fan of old school RPGs (indie)

Umm.. just my frank opinion. You're not well known or established. You're better off learning the whole programming thing yourself. Probably faster too...
  7. The most difficult boss encounter in a CRPG.

Knights of the chalice final optional fight was the toughest for me. -_-
  8. JA2:1.13, INSANE difficulty anyone?

Am controlling 4 towns now. Turning on sci-fi mode is probably a mistake for this difficulty setting. Had to clear the entire place with only 3 mercs. Money is a huge issue.. Only getting about 14 k a day with 3 mines up. Worst part is during the first scene of the bug-infested mines, if the...
  9. JA2:1.13, INSANE difficulty anyone?

Yeah i usually play without the drop all. Had to take it in the beginning to get ammo. Still controlling only 3 towns atm. 30+ days now. =/ Problem is holding the towns.. winning it in the initial battle isn't the tough part.
  10. JA2:1.13, INSANE difficulty anyone?

Just wondering if anyone else tried playing JA2, 1.13 on insane difficulty. I had to turn on the "drop all items" and enable bobby ray gun's to awesome in order to get where I am currently; Controlling 3 towns, getting hordes of elites coming to take back the towns. It's pretty much a...
  11. Tropico 3. Three thumbs up. =)

I haven't bothered with a single campaign mission. Mostly playing the sandbox. How difficult you want it to be depends really on what you want to play.. a fanatical cult leader? A militaristic leader? A capitalist? Powergaming it makes it e-z of course. Pretty much the same for any other game.
  12. Tropico 3. Three thumbs up. =)

Pre-ordered on amazon, it arrived yesterday. Am playing it, and having a great time. I think they did a really good job with tropico 3. Here's my quick breakdown: Pro: +Exactly like how you remember tropico 1.. except BETTER (gameplay-wise). There's cars to speed up transport, there's the...
  13. Champions online anyone?

Heh i've stopped playing this game now. Moving back to ultima online, playing with tropico 3 too. From the forums, seems that a lot of other people have also dropped their subscriptions, with population dropping drastically. It's fun for the first month if you play hardcore, 4 months tops if...
  14. How Much Longer Until Warhammer is Shut Down?

This got me thinking on the categories of MMORPGs.. Space mmo: Eve-online, and a few other smaller ones. Phase based mmo: Final fantasy, atlantica online Fantasy mmo: WoW.. and everything else. Skill-based mmo: Ultima online Hero based mmo: CoH, CO Did i miss any other categories?
  15. Three Musketeers the RPG

I forced myself to play through the whole demo (one hour). Two weapons: Gun and a sword. Use gun once, then use sword. Wait for someone to "sweat", click on that sweating person. If health gets low, click potions. That's the whole combat.. seems designed for children. (Literally) The...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom