Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by karnak

1. karnak

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2022: Results & Cool Graphs

Yes. That's the kind of stuff I mean. Unfortunately, stuff like Cataclysm (maybe also Caves of Qud a bit?) and others still remain mostly niche experiences. Maybe the new success of Dwarf Fortress on its steam release will encourage devs to try new paths.
  2. karnak

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2022: Results & Cool Graphs

100% !! My dream-RPG would be something like a single-player game in Ultima 6/7 graphics in which one started as a low peasant. And said peasant could spend the rest of his life planting cabbages and wheat or instead go on a life of adventure and rise to be a king or even rule an empire...
  3. karnak

Memorable cRPG villain

I don't know why people still bother with these kind of debates. It's long been established and defined that the most terrible and vicious RPG villain of all times is the Codex itself !
  4. karnak

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

3 - Ultima Underworld 1 3 - Darklands 2 - Wizardry VII 2 - Daggerfall
  5. karnak

Indie Morgana - a cutesy-Lovecraftian pixel blobber

Personally I think it'd be a nice touch if you could include some sort of visual change for the paperdoll: i.e. the character really wearing the clothes and armor you put on the slots. But I also understand this would mostly be a cosmetic thing and it'd probably take a lot of time to draw.
  6. karnak

Game News Sacred Fire now available on Early Access

So... What's the story on this? Afro-Celt? Nubian runaway slave? I have severe doubts that a black dude would survive long on the Ancient Britain climate, but what do I know?...
  7. karnak

Game News Steam Next Fest, October 2021: Demos of upcoming RPGs available from October 1st to 7th

Brings me some Witchaven vibes. And also makes me wish a proper open-world RPG with these type of retro graphics was made? Is there any Daggerfall-type of game around? I know that stuff like Call of Saregnar are being made but I can't remember any other retro open-world games around (and not...
  8. karnak

Game News Monomyth coming to Kickstarter on July 27th

In all honesty, this and Call of Saregnar are the only two incoming RPGs which I'm really curious about. All the rest just smells of Decline filler trash.
  9. karnak

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

Since EA apparently has recently sold the rights to the Syndicate and Ultima Underworld franchises, something tells me that there may be a connection here... EDIT: Recently GOG was asked by the publisher to pull the Underworld and Syndicate games from it store. And the games were also pulled...
  10. karnak

Game News Ultimate ADOM - Caverns of Chaos releasing on August 25th

In fact they could be seen as satirical, at first glance. Until one notices that they mentioned this as their goal. Speaking for myself, I don't give a shit wether an RPG player (or anyone else for that matter) is gay, trans or whatever shit rocks their boat. My personal philosophy regarding...
  11. karnak

Ah, yes... I had completely forgotten the new "non-binary-multi-gendered" ADOM. Yeah... this definitely doesn't look good. Get Woke...etc
  12. karnak

Just the original and this new version. https://store.steampowered.com/app/333300/ADOM_Ancient_Domains_Of_Mystery/ https://store.steampowered.com/app/1266820/Ultimate_ADOM__Caverns_of_Chaos/ And then there are the free versions: https://www.adom.de/home/downloads.html
  13. karnak

When they first announced Ultimate ADOM it looked as if they were making the ultimate Roguelike RPG. Then - going along with the tabletop RPG "revival craze" of some years ago they stupidly decided to launch a KS for a P&P version of ADOM. It was a complete disaster and a terrible waste of...
  14. karnak

Game News Shadoworlds edges a Re-release

CRPG Addict hated the game, stating that it wasn't even an RPG (and he hated the other game in the series - Shadowlands - with a passion). Having never managed to play any of them at the time, I still remember gaming magazines giving decent scores to both games. I wonder if the games feature...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom