Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Juggie

1. Juggie

4X Endless Space 2

I played as Unfallen on serious. Thought the difficulty bonuses would be enough for AI to actually pose at least minor challenge. In reality minor factions with their annoying ship conjuring and random actions were all that ever felt challenging. I literally clicked my way through system...
  2. Juggie

Factorio - a factory building game

Regarding 0.15 and mods: I've returned to the game and played a bit of 2-man MP. In our first game we were still a bit rusty and underestimated biters thus ending up behind with tech too much. So we decided to try out some mods. Bob's mods seem to be the most popular choice to add complexity and...
  3. Juggie

Give me an example of your high standards then. I'm not impressed by FortressCraft Evolved. Talking about how the game is shit and simple crap for casuals is fucking pretentious. People always wanting stuff in games that doesn't belong there or wanting to turn games into something else is...
  4. Juggie

Factorio is not perfect but implying that there are many games of much higher levels of complexity (without naming one) is just silly. It seems that you wanted the game to be something it never tried to. Like having more clearly defined goals to work towards or mechanics that could...
  5. Juggie

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

If ME3 MP was your thing I guess you'll like this one as well. As has been said already it's very similar. When it comes to grind it's about the same. You get up to 10k credits for a bronze mission while in ME3 you would get about 17k. The missions are slightly shorter I think. There are only 6...
  6. Juggie

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Andromeda's multiplayer is not only very similar to ME3 multiplayer, it has severe technical issues of its own. The game plays terribly when there's noticeable delay between you and the host. Might be some cheat protection, but it's not uncommon to be constantly teleporting back a few inches...
  7. Juggie

I count using warp to counter immunity as waiting for cooldowns (60 sec cooldown). As I mentioned in my other post krogan battlemaster fight was one of the challenging ones mostly due to custom scripting and sheer stat bloat. Not sure what you mean by tactics. Geth destroyers and rachni all...
  8. Juggie

What krogan are you talking about? If you mean krogan battlemaster then it's a specially scripted bossfight. Other krogan mostly run around like other enemies and will not try to get you out of cover (unlike in ME2). Enemies in ME will generally only flank you by chance while running around...
  9. Juggie

I made the mistake of playing the whole series on insanity and ME is not exactly difficult even in the scenario you describe. Slow, tedious, monotonous? Sure, but waiting for your character's regen or cooldowns or enemy's immunity to expire in cover is not my idea of meaningful challenge. The...
  10. Juggie

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Sorry, but you either cannot read or you're just dumb. I expressed my dislike for several parts of the game but I still see an improvement in some other parts. I consider ME series mediocre action adventures (why is this thread in GRPG again?). I consider ME2, specifically, a terrible fucking...
  11. Juggie

There are more productive threads in retardo. This is just a circlejerk between a couple of Kodex Kool Kids showing their disdain for the latest action-adventure-piece-labelled-RPG to show how prestigious they are. This is not a decent opinion on games. This is mob mentality and trying to fit...
  12. Juggie

Yea I'm fucking sorry for not jumping on the bandwagon ITT instead of making my own opinion by actually playing the fucking trial. It's so much more reasonable to just repost the same old fucking gifs over and over instead of having, say, a constructively critical discussion. So let me try to...
  13. Juggie

Are you for real? Eden Prime, like all ME missions, was one long corridor. That's well structured how? Andromeda's first mission is non-linear and has several optional objectives. And how is it poisoned by SJW correctness? The pathfinder team not wanting to go in gun blazing and stomp any aliens...
  14. Juggie

Actually IIRC originally it was mentioned as evolution - new individuals developed partial immunity. I guess they just retconned it into mutation to slightly better fit the cryo sleep premise.
  15. Juggie

Krogan are a major race in ME universe and are quite prominent in all previous games. Generally they are close to council races and are often being used as muscle. Krogan with their support in Rachni wars, their rebellions and genophage are supposed to be ambiguous with views varying across...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom