Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Joni Odin von Hassenstein

1. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Top RPGs: 1.: Gothic 2.: Planescape: Torment 3.: KotoR 4.: KotoR II 5.: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer 6.: Vampire: Bloodlines 7.: Deus Ex 8.: Deus Ex: Invisible War 9.: Dragon Age: Origins 10.: The Witcher II Hidden Gems: 1.: Deus Ex: Invisible War 2.: Alpha Protocol 3...
  2. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Episode 5: Johnny Silverhand, Gameplay Trailer and Previews

If my PC is slightly (!) below minimum requirements, do you think I could still give it a try?
  3. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Until now, I didn't have these problems with him. Granted, he hasn't followed my party for a long time yet. Also, I kinda like the guy. ^^ So, anybody knows how to prevent him from stopping to follow and ultimately disappearing?
  4. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

I posted this in the official forums already, but maybe the Codex has an answer for me: "So I have the Provost following my party. The moment I speak to Scotchmo the first time and add him to the team, the Provost stops following me. Instead, he just stays where he's at at the moment. When I...
  5. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

That's not a very nice first post!
  6. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Community RPG Codex Top Non-RPG PC Games RESULTS!

You're right. If RPG's are to be discounted, it's the best one.
  7. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Community RPG Codex Top Non-RPG PC Games RESULTS!

Define "make the list". It is on there and has a couple of votes. It's not in the top 200 though.
  8. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Incline RPG Codex's Top Non-RPG PC games - VOTE THREAD

I noticed something odd with Day of Defeat: Source in the list. It got 5 points, but 0 votes, 0 5's, 0 3's and 0 1's.
  9. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Incline RPG Codex's Top Non-RPG PC games - VOTE THREAD

I think "undying" (3 pts.) should be merged with "Clive Barker's Undying" (2 pts.).
  10. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

List of the best games of all time

Umm, isn't it obvious that "best game" means "according to your opinion"? Therefore, "best sold gaem" and shit like that is totally irrelevant for the question.
  11. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Why is Gothic 2 considered much better than Risen?

Well, it's still a streamlined and somewhat shallow experience. But exploration is fun and the atmosphere partly really nice.
  12. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Gothic > Gothic 2 > Gothic 3 > ELEX > Risen = Risen 3 > Risen 2
  13. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

It has already been said, but it's the atmosphere, the story and the world that make Gothic 2 distinctly better than Risen. I felt like Risen 3 was way less generic than Risen 1 and 2. Overall, Risen 1 might still be the better gaem overall, but when it comes to the feel of it, Risen 3 was the...
  14. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

Do RPGs have value outside of fun?

Good RPG's stimulate ones imagination like few other things can. That's worth a lot!
  15. Joni Odin von Hassenstein

List of the best games of all time

Could I vote for Banner Saga or does that count as RPG?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom