Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Jahmis

1. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

Ok, it's been a while but I have an update. If you go to the site now you'll see a new tag available, "RPG Codex". Clicking on that will list all the games in the database that are also listed in the Codex tags pages that DarkUnderlord linked to above. And each of those games will have a link...
  2. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

I'm adding this as an extra post so that it doesn't get lost in all the replies above. I've updated the site again with some new entries (not necessarily new games). And I've pruned out some more that shouldn't be in there, mostly DLC packs and a few that didn't have complete information. Now...
  3. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

More ways to filter and sort the data that shows up is definitely on the To Do list. You can already sort A-Z and by rating though, they're the two mysterious icons on the right and they toggle between ascending and descending. I keep forgetting to add tooltips. Nope. See the About page, or...
  4. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

Totally valid points. I do want to make clear though is that I'm not just relying on Steam. I have five sources I'm drawing on right now: Steam, Giant Bomb, Metacritic, Moby Games, and My Abandonware. And I plan on adding more over time, probably GOG and others. I would love to find one or...
  5. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

I culled out about 50 non-rpgs, including Castle Crashers. Now I'm going to work on a semi-automated system to look for new games so that the database stays current.
  6. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

Oh, and I've added a way to search by name, for anyone that was wanting that. I'll going to improve the search logic in a bit, but it works for now.
  7. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

If you're questioning the ratings, there's nothing wrong with the scraper (and yeah, I'm using curl). Crashers is just a really highly rated game. Check it out for yourself: Castle Crashers: Overwhelmingly Positive Witcher 3: Very Positive Skyrim: Very Positive Crashers wins. The system...
  8. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

I have an update. Games have their own pages now. Just click on the box art image to bring it up.
  9. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

Thanks for all the feedback, except for the "gay jRPGs" comment. To answer some questions, the tags come from the various sites I get the data from. I added an "About" page that lists them all. I'd say most come from Steam because of all the user added tags. Some games have 50 or more. I'm...
  10. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

Thanks. I'll be working on individual pages for each game soon.
  11. Jahmis

RPGDatabase.net

Some of you may have seen my other web project in the general RPG forum, CRPGDB.com. Well, that one met an untimely demise after being ambushed by a roving band of giant rats while rooting through the cellar for something to drink. My new project is that one's younger, leaner brother out for...
  12. Jahmis

Fallout 2 - It's meant to be good?

I remember playing Fallout all the way through when it came out. I was excited for 2 but never ended up finishing it. It just didn't get a hold of me like the first one did.
  13. Jahmis

CRPG Database

What do you think is accurate? In a five star rating system, 3 is technically 50%, which jives with its Metacritic score 55 (or 4.9 user rating). But you should log in and rate it. Power to the people! So, I've been kicking around this idea of creating a game journal feature for the site...
  14. Jahmis

CRPG Database

Better tag filtering on the database page is in, as well as ratings for individual games. Log in to rate them yourself. I'm working on improving loading time right now and will keep updating the game data to add missing information.
  15. Jahmis

CRPG Database

I'll be adding a ton of new tags soon, and I'll be reworking the filter so that it's not just a huge wall of buttons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom