Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Irxy

1. Irxy

Owlcat's next game is an AAA title that will need full voice acting to compete with BG3

Would agree with this in the past, yet say Disco Elysium gets half of its charm from voice acting imo. Can't say that every isometric rpg would benefit from this, but some very much so. Come to think of it, if some text is not worth voicing it over, is it really worth reading?
  2. Irxy

Owlcat's next game is an AAA title that will need full voice acting to compete with BG3

There is nothing original in BG3. The only thing it showed is that classic rpg gameplay works fine and sells fine with the modern presentation and budget, despite the widespread belief that action rpgs & open world are the only ways. Just like Dark Souls showed a decade ago that hardcore sells...
  3. Irxy

Hey, at least they are bringing the best of both worlds to the rpg genre!
  4. Irxy

Voicing the whole 3 pages long scenario is not much of an achievement, we're talking proper hundreds of thousands lines of text rpgs here.
  5. Irxy

Game News Alpha Protocol gets an enhanced rerelease on GOG after five years in licensing hell

The only thing I'd like to see from the technical point of view is a real save system. Gameplay wise, dialogs always felt completely random, I prefer to make choices on my character actions, not how sarcastic or serious he is doing random shit. That said, fuck gog.
  6. Irxy

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

You missed the "Fine" part, combat & exploration, basically core gameplay. Yes, decent gameplay is often enough to make a game enjoyable. Also, beggers can't be choosers. I don't rate modern games in comparison to cult classics, but to other games of the genre in the past 2-3 years. Otherwise no...
  7. Irxy

You gave it a 2, I gave it a 5 - yet you call me a hater? Lol. Anyway, there are multiple hundred pages longs threads on this, no reason to turn this one into a BG3 discussion. I'll briefly give my reasons, which are obviously subjective: The good: graphics, cutscenes, animations, voice acting...
  8. Irxy

Also politics. I reserve at least half of my poop reactions budget for swen.
  9. Irxy

I gave it a 5, though I had a 5/10 scale in mind. It certainly wouldn't make anywhere near the top 10 of all time, and barely compares to the original games. Still, it is the best you can expect nowadays, at least among the AAA RPGs. Since there are barely any, and none even try to be a real RPG.
  10. Irxy

Game News Sovereign Syndicate Released

But gamedec is crap, was it even popular? Why draw any inspiration from games like that instead of the ones actually successful.
  11. Irxy

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

While Kingmaker was bad, I played Wrath on release and it was comparably or less buggy than anything from Bethesda or pretty much any modern AAA rpg. Like BG3 was in EA for years and still has bugs. And most of the so called bugs are autists whining about loaded dice rolls, unfair being unfair...
  12. Irxy

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dev-hosted resources will go down once the dev looses interest, goes bankrupt or passes away. Independent websites are much more likely to stay alive.
  13. Irxy

RoboCop: Rogue City - new game from Terminator: Resistance devs

That is a 5 minute optional quest you do while exploring or doing other stuff in the hub. If anything, it is original and feels nice. Among other low profile police stuff it does add to the immersion and nostalgia.
  14. Irxy

RoboCop: Rogue City - new game from Terminator: Resistance devs

Without nostalgia factor it'd be closer to 7/10. That is, fine, but not great. Kinda similar quality to Spiders games (Technomancer etc.) Unlike Spiders though, who don't learn anything between their games, these guys are clearly progressing between the Rambo-Terminator-Robocop. If they keep the...
  15. Irxy

The dude can't make a decent character collage for a cover, the scales are all wrong. Not going to watch it, likely a similarly sloppy job.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom