Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by IronMaiden

1. IronMaiden

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

I'm guessing they only played 10 or maybe 9 and 10, but who knows.
  2. IronMaiden

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

The magic feeling I experienced playing Terra just wasn't there for me with the Xeen games. They were a bit nicer to play like you said, but they lost something compared to Terra. I did love the bright huge boxes they came in.
  3. IronMaiden

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Someone re-created TOEE https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2794826415
  4. IronMaiden

Legends of Amberland - oldschool open world blobber

2 hours in and I'm digging it. Scratches that old school Might and Magic itch. Seems pretty slick. Super pixelated graphics but a minor complaint. Really feels like Might and Magic 3 to me.
  5. IronMaiden

Grimoire Thread

I enjoy the heck out of it.
  6. IronMaiden

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Once you are out of the starting area it isn't linear at all, in fact it is wide open.
  7. IronMaiden

Thanks
  8. IronMaiden

Haven't encountered any of the new V2 areas yet. Are they scattered around or bunched together somewhere? Did some back tracking to make sure I didn't miss them which is basically just the super demo area.
  9. IronMaiden

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2018: Results & Cool Graphs

Yeah it is sad. "Based" is a strong word when it comes to these games. More like barely having any semblance at all to their namesakes.
  10. IronMaiden

Aeon of Sands: The Trail - Dungeon Crawling RPG love letter to the 90s!

I pretty much agree with this. The dancing combat doesn't bother me as much as some, but would much rather have turn based, but the writing is just weird and pulls you out of the atmosphere. Dungeons are fine, with the obligatory secret buttons, walls you can destroy, and direction spinners...
  11. IronMaiden

KickStarter Monomyth - A first person action RPG/dungeon crawler - now in Beta

Totally agree. Wizards and Warriors had excellent dungeons and exploration.
  12. IronMaiden

Grimoire Thread

Yeah if that is the case, then finding the shrines so you can buy a level will be crucial.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom