Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Icewater

1. Icewater

Incline Half Life and Half Life 2 - List of recommended modifications and mini campaigns

I've played through a decent portion of Delta Particles and unfortunately have to say I think it's mediocre. It has a lot of new art and it's clear a lot of effort was put into it, but it's just a remake of Half-Life that adds nothing. The set pieces are copies of the original (tentacle boss...
  2. Icewater

It's 1999 again. What games do you play? (2024 edition)

Unreal Tournament for multiplayer, Half-Life mods for single player
  3. Icewater

Decline Games you are proud to not have played

games are for fags so I'm proud to have played none of them
  4. Icewater

Why couldn't Obsidian make a commercially successful isometric RPG like Larian?

PoE 2—and to a lesser extent, PoE 1—seem like games made by people who just flat-out didn't understand what people liked about the Baldur's Gate series. They liked the whole "epic fantasy adventure" feel, exemplified by activities such as exploring lost ruins, slowly piecing together an...
  5. Icewater

Screenshot thread

oh no 1 is down
  6. Icewater

Thief fan missions and campaigns

I'd probably give it a lower score, but for basically the same reasons. It's an incredible accomplishment for the sheer length and amount of content and, despite the low-fi look, it's quite beautiful. In terms of quality of content though, there's a lot of FMs out there that I enjoyed more even...
  7. Icewater

I don't remember exactly what it was but yes there's at least one way to get around him. It probably involved climbing.
  8. Icewater

At the bottom of the pit? I think it's just there to kill you if you manage to survive the fall, which is possible given the weird geometry at the bottom.
  9. Icewater

Thief: The Dark Project turns 25

I'm reasonably certain that std::namespace is a Thief fan who is just trolling.
  10. Icewater

Has anyone been able to open every locked door in the first mission? There's a few I couldn't find any keys for, and of course you don't have lockpicks. Also, there's at least one area that looks like I could rope arrow up to it, but I couldn't find any rope arrows either.
  11. Icewater

Wow. Holy balls, Christmas comes early!
  12. Icewater

Black Mesa - legendary vaporware Half-Life remake finally out

They released their own version of Xen, which is overly long but very beautiful. Would recommend playing until you get bored for the visuals and music alone. Apart from that, probably not really. There are some mods that add updated versions of various cut areas back into the game, and other...
  13. Icewater

Total War: PHARAOH

I've seen you make this claim before and it totally contradicts my experience. I don't know about other recent games, but at least in TW:WH 2 and 3, if an artillery shell lands in the middle of a large infantry unit, it will absolutely just instakill a ton of them. Certain units, such as...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom