Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by hell bovine

1. hell bovine

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I'm not referring to the actual combat (though the berserker with the bonus action attack gets the cake, now that the frightened effect got nerfed), but to how their intimidation dialogues ARE WRITTEN LIKE THAT.
  2. hell bovine

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The game doesn't state this in class description, but yes, the berserker gets special intimidation dialogue (instead of the standard barbarian which the other class gets). And it is all CAPSLOCK RAGE. And he gets advantage on these checks in dialogue. :D
  3. hell bovine

Ranger melee was better than the druid in combat when I've tried, but druid was more fun to play. Spells like charm person and enhance ability made passing skill checks easy, and animal forms were fun uitility. My fav was the land circle druid, on lvl 3 pick coast and you get misty step and...
  4. hell bovine

No different than how the min. 1 hp protection for level one characters works in original BG1. Except bioware didn't bother advertising this feature.
  5. hell bovine

The atweaks mod added a save to the kiss (pnp tweaks part) too, so I suspect this is actually how it worked in 2ed and Bioware simply didn't bother.
  6. hell bovine

The deadliest dialogue option in BG1 is a minor npc: Shoal will instagib whomever talks to her, no roll involved. And if that happens to be the main character it means a gameover. :D edit: fixed quote
  7. hell bovine

I think you'll get to meet that npcs sooner or later anyway, so I'd not expect much from that encounter. There seems to be at least some branching between the evil vs good options, which admittedly the originals were lacking (e.g. side with Bodhi, later on no one cares anyway that you used to...
  8. hell bovine

Pathfinder Kingmaker is better than Baldur's Gate

Because ToB is an expansion and as such it can be easily skipped with no loss to the story. You can do WK in SoA and finish BG2 with the Irenicus battle, which wraps the story nicely. PK's worst part is the last part of the main campaign, so no way to skip it if you want some sort of ending.
  9. hell bovine

Yep, you make the tools suitable to the task. This doesn't mean your genetics make you predisposed to doing this task, whether keyboard typing or mining. I'd hazard a guess, considering the observations on animals using tools (such as corvids), that the purpose of tools is to make up for...
  10. hell bovine

That's like saying humans are predisposed to being office drones, because five fingers are made for writing on a keyboard. The dwarves are adapted (though not really, if you consider how cave dwelling animal species actually look like irl, but let's pretend) to living in the underground...
  11. hell bovine

Genetic predisposition means a specific genotype is more likely to result in a specific phenotype, which can also depend on the environmental factors. E. g. genetic predisposition for cancer doesn't mean someone will develop cancer, but that they are more likely to, because they happen to carry...
  12. hell bovine

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Mods are content created by modifying copyrighted content, though. It's difficult to predict whether a modder wouldn't lose in court; not because they've breached the eula, but because their content is similar enough to the original. Happens with art too.
  13. hell bovine

When they ambush your party in chapter 1, there is an option to trade them one companion. You are not obliged to rescue them. ;)
  14. hell bovine

I even tried leaving her with the technic league, but she still comes back in chapter 2. At least you can kill all of the companions in BG3 so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom