Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Grubba

1. Grubba

The Expanded CRPG Book is out!

Logged into this place for this first time in a long time earlier this week, saw this thread, placed my order and got the book two days later, fantastic. This thing is beautiful, well done. I think someone else said it but ya you could kill someone with this, it's a hefty tome. Might hafta order...
  2. Grubba

Dark and darker

Deactivating lurk mode to say that this game is pretty damn fun, just found out about it on Friday and put in some hours over the past couple days before the alpha test closed. All solo, mostly barbarian and rogue but also a bit of ranger and cleric, so my games were pretty slow and sneaky. Had...
  3. Grubba

Next Year is going to be huge Forgotten Realms

I think they would sooner issue an apology for the sin of creating & selling Dark Sun rather than try to update & woke-ify it. Any attempt to change it to make it palatable for the SJW crowd would render it completely unrecognizable. Mass genocide, slavery, survival of the fittest...the entire...
  4. Grubba

The big 4X thread (also unofficial patches + mods, also questions about these)

I recently discovered that I somehow acquired Civ4: The Complete Edition for free on Twitch (must have signed up for some promotion, can't remember). Never played these types of games before but was intrigued so I dived in and holy shit...I'm obsessed. This game is like time-traveling, 4-5 hours...
  5. Grubba

Gwent: The Witcher Card game - standalone Gwent game - now with Rogue Mage standalone expansion

They'll take it out behind the barn and shoot in in the head before they ever revert it back to it's beta state. Didn't they already admit that they fucked up once? I can't see them doing that again. Doesn't matter anyway, I don't give a fuck. Even if they did blow it up and go back to beta I...
  6. Grubba

GOG.com

If Hasbro had no issue with Beamdog doing all their "enhancements" and also Dragonspear, then I doubt they would care if GOG did the same. I know they're not technically goldbox, but what about the Dark Sun games?
  7. Grubba

Odd quirks you have while playing RPGs

If it's a game where you create one character, for my first playthrough i'll always go with the vanilla good-aligned sword & shield fighter. Maybe a splash of a divine caster class for some healing & buff ability but never paladin. I try to stick to the main quest as best I can, might seek out a...
  8. Grubba

Hearthstone

They're slowly changing the classic set by banishing cards to the HoF but that's just a way of dealing with the worst offenders. I'd think a more frequent and heavy-handed refresh would do wonders for the long term retention of players but apparently Blizz thinks otherwise. If they do get more...
  9. Grubba

Hearthstone

Two expansions have come out since the previous post, lol ya I think this game is dying guys. I know people irl who played too, nobody has played for a year or more. Last hurrah for me was K&C, after that it got boring real fast even though I have enough dust to craft anything I want.
  10. Grubba

Gwent: The Witcher Card game - standalone Gwent game - now with Rogue Mage standalone expansion

Pretty much this. Things started to go sour shortly after they moved to the open beta. Introduced new cards that were unbalanced, added new leaders and changed existing ones, kept tinkering with weather effects, nerfed gold cards...They would make all these sweeping changes that drastically...
  11. Grubba

Surely this guy's big smile and thumbs-up are a sign that things are moving in a good direction....right? Right? I'm amazed that this game is still hanging on somehow. It's unbelievable how badly they botched the damn thing, they had a golden opportunity to take a slice of Hearthstone's pie and...
  12. Grubba

Hearthstone

Kinda says a lot about the state of the game when the most enjoyable recent additions have been single-player content. It's not totally polished though...still some wonky AI and broken interactions. Like Griselda kissing the same minion over and over (or actually being able to target minions...
  13. Grubba

Sea of Thieves

Did these devs make a bunch of grandiose promises leading up to release? If not then the comparisons to NMS are a bit unfair. I mean...you can actually encounter other players in this game. I've watched people play on Twitch this past week and the game looks kinda cool but they better have a...
  14. Grubba

So create is some new random card generation mechanic? I can see why that would turn some people off, a big part of the early appeal of the game was that it wasn't the RNG-fest that HS had become and thus placed more importance on player skill. I still see myself coming back to the game at some...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom