Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Gragt

1. Gragt

Recommend me a RTS with good sp campaign

If I reckon correctly, DoW’s single player difficulty settings veer towards easy so Normal will actually decrease the health of enemy units. Not at all your standard RTS but give Sacrifice a try nonetheless.
  2. Gragt

SIGIL - 5th episode of Doom by John Romero

It’s challenging like the two maps he had released in the last few years. I like it. The same could be said of those who rejoice for the lack of Doom 2 assets, for that matter. Good maps for Doom and Doom 2 will provide different flavours of the same type of flavour. I agree with you: I’d...
  3. Gragt

Screenshot thread

Well, that escalated quickly. That’s the thing: if we go with mods then things aren’t equal anymore. Both games have serious flaws and both have been improved by their respective communities—even though they are both fundamentally flawed. I was evaluating both games on their own merits (the...
  4. Gragt

Screenshot thread

I’m always loath to use superlatives and this is another case where my instinct feel right. NWN (OC) isn’t a good game to be sure, but I wouldn’t qualify it as the worst. I’d make a case for mediocre: it isn’t good, as I’ve written, but it isn’t bad either since nothing in it is blatantly broken...
  5. Gragt

Screenshot thread

You have no honour, like a woman.
  6. Gragt

SIGIL - 5th episode of Doom by John Romero

I guess I’ll replay Episode 4 on UV, pistol start, and no saves before this is out, just to bother some of the unsavoury members of this community.
  7. Gragt

Opera Browser thinks RPG codex is Dangerous

Vivaldi is the real successor to Opera anyway.
  8. Gragt

Screenshot thread

I don’t know about the i. Charter has some little quirks like that, which give it personality. You can see it there: It is also perfectly possible that you are right: MacType isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution and requires some tweaking, if only for choosing between the various profiles. That...
  9. Gragt

Screenshot thread

It’s still going strong and there has been a fair bit of experimentation over the years with some veteran creators managing some rather impressive feats within the genre.
  10. Gragt

Screenshot thread

This isn’t going to be the typical screenshot post. I’ve recently gone back to one of my hobbies, typography—I am aware that I have weird hobbies, which is probably why I never get invited to parties. It happened in part when I stumbled upon Matthew Butterick’s excellent online book on the...
  11. Gragt

I will bring buttons back

DU is playing with our feelings.
  12. Gragt

Good while it lasted.
  13. Gragt

I found buttons fun at first but I later changed my mind. I know that the Codex is the Codex and that you will always find a bit of everything here on every level of the spectrum. And I wouldn’t want that part to change because that’s what makes the Codex unique on internet. That means allowing...
  14. Gragt

Incline Digital board games deals!

Not exactly a deal but worth a mention: Evolution is about to get released on Steam and mobile platforms. To celebrate, the closed Steam beta is now open to everyone until the official release of the game.
  15. Gragt

This is actually quite nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom