Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Galdred

1. Galdred

So how hard is RPG solodev? An AMA thread

Is Steam the best platform for this sort of game? Do you think the lack of a "hide 18+ games from profile" is an issue?
  2. Galdred

Development Info Just Another Kickstarter - Scribe

Indeed, it is more of a marketing campaign that could pay itself if you are lucky nowadays. The game looks pretty unique and interesting indeed.
  3. Galdred

millennia

Heh, I kind of liked the idea of the battle screen in CTP, but it barely served any purpose (yes, you needed something to put in front of your artillery, and flanking worked best if you had enough units to cover center and flanks, but that was about it. Is it any different here? This one looks...
  4. Galdred

Game News Broken Roads releasing on April 10th

I'm usually not a big fan of the way morality choices are used. Most games give a strong incentive to just choose answers that match the chosen alignment. I'd rather have the characters do evil things because it makes their life much easier in the short run. That said, turn based party combat...
  5. Galdred

The Unspoken Reality of VR

I tried "VR tourism", and it kind of worked. It was a weird to not see your real surrounding at all, and lag in displaying other people position resulted in unfortunate bumps, but visiting prehistoric times and ancient egypt in VR was quite cool actually. I heard they also made some good use of...
  6. Galdred

Dune: Spice Wars - 4X/RTS from Wartales developers

Does orbital strike help much against HQ, or is it more meant to be used against large concentration of troops before attacking? I also tried assassination, but failed both times. Am I supposed to engage any force coming to clear the village of the cell or is there a subtler way?
  7. Galdred

Hegemony was not available in this one, but it was not as bad as I thought, as destroying one house made it much easier to acquire CHOAM shares. I should have beelined for the Harkonens, but these HQs hit hard in the end.
  8. Galdred

I like the way most things work, but it feels very slow indeed. The campaign victory conditions can be a bit overwhelming: wiping everyone out seems out of question (given that attacking from across the map is a bit difficult, between supplies, sandworms, and hostile militias), and getting...
  9. Galdred

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX expansion coming in early 2024

That is true, but his lightning skills can still benefit from damage boosts, right?
  10. Galdred

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf - card-driven turn-based tactical game

It was mediocre indeed. The PC version was not as bad as the mobile one, though. The reason for the take away is probably that Games workshop demands a payement once the license has expired to renew it (ie, they take fixed sum for x years + a percentage of sales in royalties), and it was...
  11. Galdred

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX expansion coming in early 2024

It is, but these Sidhe have vision over the whole map, and he cannot stand the heat. I do use him a lot, but his brother is a lot better at not getting bruised. That's a shame. That makes him the worst recipient for this combo, but I booted all the other defenders because bringing a one hander...
  12. Galdred

oh, the idea is to get him injured once, and never heal him(apart from the potential injuries). Not get him under 30% every mission. The dual HP system of the game makes it pretty convenient to use, and his +HP on hit makes that even more of a non issue.
  13. Galdred

I was very disappointed in Mordred, but now that I got to items(armor and sword) that provide %damage on missing vitality, I will see how well he fares (it should roughly double his damage if I can keep him at 30% VP). On a side note, I hate that the game encourages you to swap titles every...
  14. Galdred

Approaching Infinity (early access)

I went to the "bad" ending ( ) upon reaching sector 26 and backtracking to sector 20. Your officer skills are the limiting factor in the game. You need one officer of each "color" ASAP (but you cannot have more than your level, and I think it is hard capped to 6). Ship combat is where you...
  15. Galdred

Champions work a lot better with mobility gear, like teleport ring, +tp on kill, or -mv cost. The nerf hit them hard, but Balan or Lanval can tank just a well as Mordred with defensive stance while dealing more AoE damage that scale on kill. Balan has great damage and Lanval has stun+taunt. I...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom