Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by FuckLiefeldGiveMeChew

1. Community RPG Codex Top 55 JRPGs

Baten Kaitos, all the Xenoblade Chronicles and Metal Max games and Valkyrie Profile should have been in the final list: They are far better than those horribly boring, creatively bankrupt Dragon Quest games. Other games that would be good choices: Dark Half, Energy Breaker, Wild ARMS 3...
  2. Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

I think the ending is clearly showing that nothing is anyone's mind: Depending on the choices you can see Also, it looks like the writer's cut only has a significant effect at the beginning: Many major dialogues seem to be more or less the same.
  3. Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

How much is changed in the writer's cut? I am almost finished and want to see what is changed, but I hear conflicting reports: It either makes massive changes, or just a few characters at the beginning get changed.
  4. Tactics Ogre: Reborn - remaster based on 2010 release

I recently got an N64 and beat that Ogre Battle game, and it was interesting and unusual--not sure if I would call it a good game, but it did hold my attention enough to finish it. I think it has potential, and a remake that irons out the rough edges would be promising. It does have some...
  5. Satirical space games

Games which parody science fiction, space shooters and other things about space. Parodius, Twinbee and Space Quest are the classic examples. Parodius and Twinbee take the styles of Gradius and Xevious and use them to create funny, challenging, creative shooters that would be great even without...
  6. Wing Commander

I love Wing Commander: 2 is one of my favorites and all of the main series is great. I beat 2 and 4, although I think I was on the bad version of the good ending path of 2 due to the bug with Spirit. I loved the ending of 4: switching from an exciting action game to a serious political debate...
  7. The Worst RPG You Spent The Most Hours On

Ultima 8: Horribly broken, buggy, joyless, impossible to control or fight, terrible writing and world-building, yet I beat it. I would normally not consider it a victory because I was cheating constantly, but the game is nearly impossible even if you cheat, so I make an exception for this...
  8. What RPGs you hated at first that ended up being enjoyable?

Real Texas: It took me a while to warm up to this game because of the awful combat and interface, Albion-level awful, but it was such a unique, creative and humorous game that I soon grew to love it and it became on of my favorite C.R.P.G.s. Tales of Berseria: This is the only Tales games I...
  9. Incline Sceptic's guide to getting the best sound in adventure games

Sierra and Lucasarts games always had great music and Sierra was my favorite adventure game company. Legend also made great games and music.
  10. Weird settings

Many of my favorite games: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, No More Heroes, Psychonauts, Mother, Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta, Zombie Nation, Abadox, Bloodnet, Anachronox, Rise of Triad, Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, Sin and Punishment, Bubble Bobble...
  11. KickStarter Psychonauts 2

I really hope this comes out in a couple of days. Psychonauts is among my favorite games, and I love that the real world is just as weird as the dream world in that game. Double Fine's quality varies wildly though the games are usually fun to some extent, but its games are always creative and...
  12. Decline Consoles decline

There have been plenty of great new games for the Switch and Playstation 4: Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Thumper, Metal Gear Solid 5, Persona 5, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey. Disgaea 5, Metal Max Xeno, Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain. I played a bunch of new games this year on the...
  13. Savegame limitations?

I think a lot of games require save limitations: A platformer would be no fun if you could save before every jump; fights in R.P.G.s would be jokes if you could just save in the middle and restore until you got lucky with the random number generator; scrolling shooters, hack and slashes, beat...
  14. Tex Murphy The Pandora Directive 25th Anniversary remaster

This would be nice, as Tex Murphy is one of my favorite adventure games, I love all of it. Pandora Directive is the best of the series and I would love to have a physical release of the F.M.V. games, but also of the old games. I would love a remaster of the old games because as much as I love...
  15. After playing a lot of JRPGs, most CRPGs became tedious

There a some C.R.P.G.s out there that feel like J.R.P.G.s, and they are some of my favorite C.R.P.Gs: Superhero League of Hoboken, Bloodnet, Citizens of Earth and Space, The Real Texas, the Fallout series until 76 and Quest for Glory. Some of them are very flawed, but their style and humor...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom