Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Fowyr

1. Fowyr

The best of the 80s CRPG franchises

Tough choice. I've played and enjoyed tremendously all of the above, sans, probably, Ultima that never clicked with me too much, but I surely liked Ultima clones like Exile and Magic Candle. Probably, Wizardry.
  2. Fowyr

PtD source code download link

I thought that you already incorporated it with my blessing. :salute:
  3. Fowyr

Reasons Why Younger Gamers Don't Get Older RPGs?.

Depends on the magazine. CGC, back in the middle of 90-s, tried to review a console game. Got a shitstorm in the postbox and apologized. Readers feared that magazine will start to review more and more console games that were not interesting at all to its readers.
  4. Fowyr

Community RPG Codex 2022 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

RPGs? Half of these games are not an RPGs at all.
  5. Fowyr

Community RPG Codex 2022 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

Felipepe, like always, is full of shit. Keplerth? I've played it, it's just another survival game with "stats" like "health" and "melee damage bonus". Kynseed? That soy satanic Harvest Moon clone? And so on, and so on. Roguelike Zorbus is more RPG than any of these games. Let's add anything in...
  6. Fowyr

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

They are. The best (and very, very secret) ending is achievable only through Malor.
  7. Fowyr

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Good luck with the Land of Light and Darkness and Maze of Wandering :M P.S. Trebor sucks! Don't forget about his shadow.
  8. Fowyr

Slaves of Magic - tactical turn-based RPG inspired by XCOM and Guild Wars

F1-F5 for basic actions, 1-6 for skills. Just duplicate basic attack in character skills bar for convenience. Another option, is using Shift+1 - Shift+6 buttons.
  9. Fowyr

OK, tried demo again. As I understand, after your victory you are returned to main menu? Make quick buttons for unit's commands. For example, 1-5. It's pretty tiring to click "attack" every time.
  10. Fowyr

Demo freezed in the first combat after purple circles of enemy's reinforcement appeared.
  11. Fowyr

List of games for the 2022 GOTY poll

Kynseed? Really? Next, Stardew Valley is an RPG instead of Harvest Moon-like with some RPG elements. At least, thank goodness, I don't see Pentiment in the list.
  12. Fowyr

[Poll] Best roguelike and why

Then try CDDA with "more survival tools" turned on, generate a forest map without zombies and enjoy.
  13. Fowyr

It's shit with the nonbinary characters, as I remember.
  14. Fowyr

Best TOME is the Troubles of Middle Earth, versions released around 2000. Tales of Maj'Eyal is a great decline and affront to its Angband roots. Cataclysm DDA. It has tens of different rounds, from .22LR to .50 BMG. A lot of weapons, various magazines, complex gun parameters. It even has...
  15. Fowyr

Alternate RPG history: no Diablo, no BG

I read Denning's Pages of Pain probably 15 years ago and my memory is bad, but isn't Zombie was amnesiac as well? He was scarred and summoned Lady of Pain by reciting Swinburne's poem. The book was released in December, 1997.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom