Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Fatty

1. Fatty

Incline OSR Games - Official thread

Esoteric Enterprises is modern occult, I think it would do for urban fantasy. Lots of random tables for rolling up underground and underground societies. There are skills, though, which for some disqualifies for OSR. Not sure about conspiracy thriller, not really my thing. Doesn't seem like...
  2. Fatty

I made a vague attempt at trying to figure out what the hubbub was all about because I was stuck at a dinner table,waiting for my bill, and this is the conclusion I arrived at. I don’t know, I just fucking buy things I like.
  3. Fatty

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Pretty sure it’s the L2 attack in it’s transformed (one blade in each hand) state. Maybe I’ll fire the game up tonight to verify, it’s been a few months.
  4. Fatty

I usually start the DLC when I have a +10 weapon so ya, pretty close to what you describe, shortly before the Wet Nurse fight. I could probably go earlier these days and I am sure many players do but the first few times fighting Ludwig with anything less seemed like masochism.
  5. Fatty

Which Fantasy System Do You Like and Why?

I play solo only so I am maybe not the target audience of this question. Base ruleset I use is Adventures Dark and Deep. It's not one of the more popular systems, it's basically AD&D 1.5E - a cleaned up 1E with some Unearthed Arcana and 2E thrown in. I like it because 1E is comfortable to me...
  6. Fatty

Soys Row 2022

Getting Sims/Borderlands vibes here. 80/20 Sims/Borderlands.
  7. Fatty

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

I have only ever tried RE1 before and it was on PlayStation and I could not come to enjoy tank controls. Considering I have a mental disorder that will force me to play all of these in order, is it worth? Are the tank controls any easier to adjust to on PC?
  8. Fatty

I purchased the PDF only ($25) and its downloadable from the Humble website as a list of PDF and ZIP files. They are not keys for another website like DTRPG, if that is what you are asking. If I were smart enough to attach a screenshot, I would. Rappan Athuk alone goes for $35-40 and has...
  9. Fatty

Yummy https://www.humblebundle.com/books/essential-classic-fantasy-rpg-collection-books?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_2_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_essentialclassicfantasyrpgcollection_bookbundle
  10. Fatty

Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

OK I'm finally getting around to giving these games a whirl. Building a party for a Pools to Pools run using Gold Box Companion. Been reviewing a bunch of threads and I have a few questions. Dwarf F/T * Ranger > Mage Elf F/M - replace with Ranger > Mage in Curse Half Elf C/M replace with...
  11. Fatty

Code Vein - new action RPG from God Eater devs at Bandai Namco

Mostly with. Game seems designed around having one. Going without was more challenging, which isn’t really what I wanted, and none of the things I dislike about the game (foam weapons, majority corridor/ledge fighting) change when going solo. It’s fine. I don’t think anyone is stupid for...
  12. Fatty

Code Vein - new action RPG from God Eater devs at Bandai Namco

Ok Codex serious question - has anyone played this after a Soulsborne game and actually enjoyed it? I got this thing on sale awhile ago because it’s commonly described as an easier Soulsborne sort of game. And frankly, some days I am not up to being roflstomped by Fromsoft. So I was looking...
  13. Fatty

A few off the top Werewolf - Beast Claws + Beast's Embrace rune (I didn't actually like this one, charging beasthood annoyed me) Bloody Mary - Maria outfit + Rakuyo + Evelyn + red hair. Rakuyo is FUN AS SHIT. Spin stab stab stab stab. Switch to pimp cane whip when more reach is beneficial...
  14. Fatty

KickStarter Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon - first-person open world RPG adaptation of Kickstarted board game - now on Early Access

I’m currently playing through the board game solo. It’s kind of a free roaming CYOA with possibly unique (I’m new to card battles) card battles and some resource management. You build a deck and draw cards and try to link them together. Some links are stat dependent so you need to build a...
  15. Fatty

Darkbeast can be piss easy if you don’t let it scare you. LORAN Darkbeast, on the other hand (optional) has me about ready to quit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom