Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Ezekiel

1. Ezekiel

Devil May Cry 5

Crappy emulation, by the way. There's sometimes that crap at the top of the screen pictured above, the target icon isn't showing up anymore and many places are blurry as if light comes through a warped window or something. Considering getting the remastered trilogy, even with all the complaints...
  2. Ezekiel

Devil May Cry 5

Devil May Cry 3 allowed you to switch targets while moving. In Devil May Cry 4 and 5, you have to press the left stick straight down. You can no longer press it at an angle. Gay. Surprised I never noticed. Maybe the Steam versions are messed up, but I doubt it.
  3. Ezekiel

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered from Aspyr - for real this time

Haven't decided if I'll watch the video. I just don't understand how, as a business, they can be so ideological that they would reject/forgo massively lucrative sex appeal (where it fits). Their job is to make money. Goes for all of them, not just Crystal/Aspyr.
  4. Ezekiel

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered from Aspyr - for real this time

Tomb Raider 3 Remaster Seems to Quietly Edit Out Lara Croft Pinup Posters in Recent Patch Can you imagine how insufferable one must be around other people that something like this bothers them so much that they had to do this, knowing the reaction it would get?
  5. Ezekiel

Devil May Cry 5

Not listening. Devil May Cry 3 used both the orbital and scripted cams, but it was balanced. So much atmosphere and scale, as well as function, gone.
  6. Ezekiel

Devil May Cry 5

Yeah, definitely crappy while fighting in small to medium spaces. Camera shifts and rotates all over the place. If you wanted to put some environmental hazards in and the possibility to fall, you mostly couldn't because of that cam. Those big rotating gears that you fought on top of in Devil May...
  7. Ezekiel

Devil May Cry 5

Even much of the fighting now has that problem of very limited visibility that takes your thumb from the face buttons. Have no idea why anyone would prefer this over the old atmospheric cam.
  8. Ezekiel

Devil May Cry 5

Lost so much visibility by conforming. Almost all modern shit is the same, this included.
  9. Ezekiel

Devil May Cry 5

You know what? Devil May Cry 3 has better camerawork than 5. In big bosses and arenas, 5 excels, but when exploring it mostly uses the same closed-in orbital camera as every other modern game. Devil May Cry 3's scripted camera angles showed you more while leaving your thumb free for the face...
  10. Ezekiel

Top 10 Manliest Game Characters (2024 edition)

Only now, after looking through that manual, do I know that there is a downward attack. Jump + attack + down. Could have been using it off and on for years.
  11. Ezekiel

He's bulkier in the game, very heavy on top, which makes his legs look smaller. Some of the designs are slightly off. In the Streets 2 manual:
  12. Ezekiel

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory retrospective

Played the trilogy (first two on Gamecube and PS2 as a child), never quite finished Chaos Theory or considered myself a fan, but watching this and remembering, I almost can't believe it's a Ubisoft game.
  13. Ezekiel

You need to play the games again, apparently.
  14. Ezekiel

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory retrospective

Thanks. I remember that. Yeah, the SC-20K could shoot EMP grenades. Thought I also remembered closing blinds.
  15. Ezekiel

Batman: Arkham Knight

Lol, Batman crouches faster than they run to downed enemies!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom