Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Esquilax

1. Esquilax

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

As much as I like the idea of a smooth-talking rogue, (an option that we haven't gone with in the past), the down-on-his luck war vet scratches my itch. The geezer is interesting, but I dunno, interesting as a character and interesting as a protagonist are two different things in my book. B
  2. Esquilax

As an aside, despite how fucked up our current predicament is, I'm kinda glad we went with the Knights as opposed to John Bull. With Xu Jing, we went for the psycho teacher already in Zhang Jue, and they were a perfect fit. Given Wrinkly's more stoic, reserved personality, he's more Shaolin monk...
  3. Esquilax

So happy this is back and that treave has revived it! Seems like Herr Muller is of the Rationalist/Enlightenment type, whereas our boy here is not. (perhaps he's something akin to Rasputin? I see more Raskolnikov in him, however) I don't think that helps us in this upcoming choice, but I...
  4. Esquilax

Ah, the classic start to many mob movies. "Hey kid, I need you to deliver something for me." Then it all goes downhill from there. And of course, he answers a question we never asked. "I don't mean is it dangerous for the Institute, I just work here - I meant, 'is it dangerous for me" I am...
  5. Esquilax

Are you high? Chicks love astrology-type stuff like this. This dude is on the money.
  6. Esquilax

I get that our leg (and overall health) has been fucked for quite some time, but considering where the tarot reading is guiding us, I think we'd be unwise to not go the romance route. I've highlighted the relevant bits: Wrinkly, as we've played him, doesn't particularly give a fuck about being...
  7. Esquilax

B Gotta keep an eye on Sophie. Rain is important, and part of our overall goal, but not really part of the immediate problem. Going full autistic-robot doesn't seem enjoyable to me.
  8. Esquilax

As an occasional member of the Anti-Fun Voting Bloc, you'd probably have a lot more fun developing a character long-term rather than throwing them at every insane, risky option that comes their way. I mean, I get it - water here is scarce and whatever they did to get the right to drink from this...
  9. Esquilax

These people know this area inside and out. If any of you think that it's possible to slink away, then come back and steal water from an area that they are extremely familiar with, you're dreaming. It's just not possible to bullshit these guys - we don't even know where the fuck we are! Make...
  10. Esquilax

A thought: I think we are ignoring and glossing over the Towerspace book. Not understanding Towerspace is kinda what got us into this mess, and learning how to orient ourselves is critical if we want to come home back to Rain. Pulling an Odysseus and getting sidetracked for ten years doesn't...
  11. Esquilax

Flopped to 1 A>B, changed my original post to reflect it. Obviously it's long-term thinking, but I would imagine that powers like that take an insane toll on one's body - being possessed by the essence of a God can't be healthy: I think that our character, with his powerful...
  12. Esquilax

I III: Picking the loredump option, in this case, the book about Gods and Astras, is always a winner. On the other hand, I'm torn between the Alchemy book and the Primer on Astras. They are both really useful, and I could be persuaded to flop to the latter, but learning how to brew potions seems...
  13. Esquilax

Okay, fuck everyone else - we're sticking with Aztec Grandma. Oh, and, what a surprise: A fucking cannibal. We should have domed this cunt with a slingshot, now Sophie's (thankfully) alive and safe, but pretty traumatized from the experience. Busy at the moment, so I won't vote just yet, but...
  14. Esquilax

The Eternal Anglo must be fought tooth and nail wherever he lurks, whatever the circumstances. Even in the face of Armageddon, never compromise. But seriously - I think that a key distinction here is that unlike Andrew, we have someone nearby who can help. Andrew charged after Alexei stupidly...
  15. Esquilax

That's because he doesn't believe he can take her on. If he did, he would be talking to her, not us. Predators go after the weakest members of the herd, not the strongest. I gotta tell ya - I'm dumbfounded that you're taking this fuck's words at face value, yet ignoring his actions. He cuts off...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom