Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dzupakazul

1. People News This is About Right and Wrong: The Chris Avellone Saga Continues

>he was anything but a predator With this wording I did just imagine Vavra visibly sulking and hurt that they were both so drunk yet Avellone didn't choose to ravish him.
  2. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Both are replicable with wands and other spells; Skull Trap is basically Fireball that's less resisted (a double edged sword somewhat since it doesn't let your buffed melees bathe in fire; you can stack a few of them as a trap) and has actual scaling into BG2 levels (Fireball caps at 10d6, Skull...
  3. Anime Ace Attorney Retrospective

My personal order goes somewhere like AAI2 > PW3 > PW1 = PW6 > PW2 (its final case deserves a mention as probably the best in the series, but abysmal 1 and 3 don't help my memory or overall replayability) > AAI > PW5 > PW4. I generally sympathize with the characters and I find their gimmicks...
  4. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Neither is it in SCS. You are rating Aerie, Jaheira and Jan over, evidently, pure arcane casters. Your other writings such as the F/M vs F->M completely brushes over the prominently delayed level 9 power spike (6,000,000 XP vs 3,500,000 XP in case of a multi vs dual) and focusing on the...
  5. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

I would insist SCS doesn't change the fact that speedy spell progression is a massive boon to any character. Priests historically struggled in SCS installs. Most recent versions of SCS incorporate IWD priest spells specifically to counter a problem Priest spells face - lack of answer to dispels...
  6. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

I'd take Bard over Thief/Rogue or Mage/Wizard in IWD1 and IWD2 handily. Bard Song is stronger than IWD2's crummy, gimmicky backstab; you don't need high investment in a full Rogue class to be able to deal with traps and the like, either. Wizards don't provide the same amount of buffs and, in...
  7. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Don't see where this comes from. None of the stated pros of Bards in this thread have anything to do with non-combat roles but focus on their combat ability, which is formidable. Icewind Dale, a game not exactly renowned for its non-combat activities, welcomes Bard into any party with open arms...
  8. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Higher spellcaster level (10d6 Fireballs in BG1, 20d6 Skull Traps before anyone else in BG2), good kits across the board, Enhanced Bard Song is huge for big physical parties (you benefit more from an EBS Bard singing for three Fighters than you do with adding a fourth Fighter, pound for pound)...
  9. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

They are, mostly due to community emphasis on their vanilla bard song and the perceptions surrounding the likes of Garrick. They're an excellent support character for any sort of team due to reasons you mentioned, Pandemonium Harp makes for a great source of extra crowd control that enemies...
  10. Civilization II is the best strategy and might be the best game of all time

To me, Fundy is a tech that looks great on paper but the game ends before I bother to employ it - it's either a ride-it-out Monarchy conquest or a Republic->Democracy all the way. Democracy can also be set up for warfare (though heavy world wonder support helps, particularly anchoring all units...
  11. Civilization II is the best strategy and might be the best game of all time

Nice thread. Reminds me that during 2020 I have been trying to launch a really fast spaceship on Deity. I ended up not approaching the crazy launches of the old Apolyton posters, but I did hit a fairly comfortable landing in 1700 AD. Game is still rather fun and complex, although the AIs don't...
  12. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Typical Codex shitposter. The number one authoritative source of knowledge on all matters SCS (only including select components and playing the game on Core Rules) says that "At the end of the day Aerie is probably the most powerful companion in the campaign. Not even Jan and Jaheira are on her...
  13. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Bit less of an issue considering SCS mages mostly also use spells like Breach a lot, and that arcane casters already lean on Spell Immunity: Abjuration for this eventuality.
  14. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

I recommend not installing the component or using other means to change Keldorn to a Cavalier in that case. I think the 1.5x dispel is still solid, personally. It doesn't; see the EDIT. He won't. He fights Edwin and Viconia. That's half of the available evil characters in the game; he has no...
  15. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

No, why? You don't get to switch Cernd to a Cleric just because Insect Plague gets nerfed by the Fireshield component. Inquisitors still get True Sight, innate immunities, access to the Sword of On-Hit Dispel, and with time, their Dispel Magic still ramps up and is instantly cast. Note that even...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom