Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by DraQ

1. DraQ

Capital ship combat

That's actually easy enough to fix with just presentation, but the main problem is that space is big and getting places takes a lot of time. So, with realistic scale, multiplayer can only work if you can get all players to time compress in sync. That means most of possible game concepts are...
  2. DraQ

"Necessary"?

"Necessary"?
  3. DraQ

Save Limitation Mechanics

Wizardry 8 has optional ironman mode. Ori and The Blind Forests has mechanics where you can expend resource to save almost anywhere (and with some character advancement option even reuse created checkpoint).
  4. DraQ

why does this forum exist when space rpgs go in rpgs, space tactics go in tactics?

This forum is obviously for us, small group of :obviously: users to discuss proper space simulations and strategies such as COADE. Now, why is generic space themed derp such as ED, SC or X4 also included here instead of General Gaming Retardo - that's actually a good question. :smug:
  5. DraQ

[Poll] Elves

A dead one, duh. Not only does this thread lack this option, it also lacks the only remaining relatively non-cringe ones, including TES elves, and eldritch fucking fey.
  6. DraQ

Nebulous: Fleet Command

And this is your brain on Java. :smug: On a more serious note, though, computers are finite machines grinding finitely represented numbers. Any arbitrary precision computation may necessarily need arbitrary number of cycles to complete. If you're running an engine that ticks 30 times a second...
  7. DraQ

Introduce NFTs

Problem?
  8. DraQ

Introduce NFTs

Speaking of, what if copypasta? :philosoraptor:
  9. DraQ

Introduce NFTs

Better idea: "extroduce" Konjad. :incline:
  10. DraQ

Ghost of a Tale - stealth action-RPG where you play a mouse

It could have been a bit stronger on the gameplay front, but fuck if it wasn't one of the best storyfag, characterfag and even lorefag experiences I've ever had. And a gorgeous one as well. And genuinely funny without it detracting from its darker, more serious tones.
  11. DraQ

I dunno, I play my games (especially ones starring rodent protagonists) with a mouse, as befits a member of glorious PC master race. I do have a wall projector setup, though, for when I feel extra :avatard:. It was probably a mistake to not play GoaT this way first time around, but I'm...
  12. DraQ

I'm still not preordering stuff, but have revised my rules for D1Ps - if it looks great and is by small enough studio that executive meddling can't fuck it up, it's... :d1p:time!
  13. DraQ

Armello - Game of thrones with furries

Perhaps. But do note that it was in the context of characters and lore and GoaT is a bit of a heavyweighter in that regard.
  14. DraQ

Silva Re: GoaT To not further derail this thread, https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/ghost-of-a-tale-released.120774/page-4 https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/ghost-of-a-tale-stealth-action-rpg-where-you-play-a-mouse.82884/page-8 The game has got quite a stellar reception here and deservedly...
  15. DraQ

Ah, yeah, that's one of the things here, actually. From what I've seen (although admittedly I haven't seen all that much) the game seems to be going for a combination of just riffing on animal stereotypes and "much original, so wow" characters, which is... not that great nor interesting. Want...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom