Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dickie

1. Decline On why boss combat is shit (and why your favorite Soulslike sucks).

I remember playing one of the Rainbow Six games a long time ago. I spend the whole game sneaking through and breaching rooms, killing everyone without them being aware. These are just normal guys that die with one head shot or a couple shots to the chest. At the end, I suddenly have to fight a...
  2. The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

I like this game. It was on itch.io for years, but it just got a big new update and released on Steam today.
  3. The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

I watched some of a let's play on YouTube and it looks like you have around 50 days until the end and each mission takes 2-3 days. Is that accurate? Is the whole game around 20 missions?
  4. Against the Storm - Fantasy roguelite city builder

The required amount varies by the level of seal (4 for bronze, 12 for lead, etc.). You can see the amount for a seal by hovering over it on the world map. The amount of fragments is based on the difficulty you play on. You can choose 5 as a reward when you play a map with a negative modifier...
  5. Against the Storm - Fantasy roguelite city builder

I was curious about the game mode you can unlock, but I don't think I'm gonna make it. I'm not great at the game, so I just find it stressful to play the higher prestige levels, roughly around the ones that cut your cornerstone and building choices down to two and reduce the impatience reduction...
  6. Vapourware Spire of Sorcery - turn-based RPG where you play a party of runaway mages - abandoned in Early Access

I'm glad they admitted it, too, but I still think it's shitty to keep selling it and to keep it in Early Access. The only reason I even remembered to look at it is that it's on sale for one week for 50% off. Why are they trying to draw attention to this mess with a sale?
  7. Vapourware Spire of Sorcery - turn-based RPG where you play a party of runaway mages - abandoned in Early Access

Oh, wow, they do plan to just leave the "early access" tag on it forever.
  8. Vapourware Spire of Sorcery - turn-based RPG where you play a party of runaway mages - abandoned in Early Access

Decided to go look in on this game to see if it's gonna be finished after getting a message from Steam telling me it's on sale. Nope. It's over. "No refunds. Go ahead and buy our next game in Early Access, though!" https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/637050/view/6915906760367921655
  9. Frostpunk 2 - Long Live The Oil - coming July 25th

And call it the "gameplay trailer."
  10. Monster Train

It turns out I'm just bad with Wurmkin exile/Umbra. After about a dozen losses in a row, I finally won with that combo, and then I was able to win on 25 with all the remaining four permutations with only two losses.
  11. Monster Train

Yeah, I get so many runs on 25 that just walk all over everybody and then the last divinity will just slap me down like I'm nothing. You end up just building your deck towards fighting that one fight.
  12. Monster Train

I decided to pick this game up again lately, and I remember why I quit. I'm so bad at it. I have five combos left to chalk up last divinity wins on covenant 25, but I lost 10 runs in a row. I'm stuck on Wurmkin exile (echowright)/Umbra. After that, I'll have Umbra/Wurmkin and Melting...
  13. Against the Storm - Fantasy roguelite city builder

I wonder if this would be easier on a seal map, since you can't win by reputation. I know those maps are harder, but they do give you a lot more time.
  14. Game News Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Released

Is there at least a slider during character creation to set how feminine your penis is?
  15. Against the Storm - Fantasy roguelite city builder

The game's out now. I guess I'll download the demo to check it out later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom