Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dgaider

1. Preview Dragon Age preview at ComputerGames.ro

Well, the previewer didn't get all the names quite right... but even so, what kind of names would work better for you? In my experience, people tend to dislike "new" names until they begin to associate that name with something tangible. After all, had I used more fantastical-sounding names are...
  2. Review The Witcher sucks

I will say that I agree with the guy on one thing: if you're going to force a player to play the role of a specific character in an RPG, that character will need to be appealing or you've just erected an insurmountable barrier for some of your player base. Granted, you're never going to please...
  3. Preview Consequences and epic battles in Dragon Age

Not at this point. It's still in flux. I don't think so, no. There are some people who will reload no matter what when handed some kind of drawback. I suspect more people will find an injury "acceptable" and move on, depending on the amount of time/effort required to treat the injury... but...
  4. Preview Consequences and epic battles in Dragon Age

Well, I think if you check out the videos that are coming out, you'll see that we're trying to add a lot of tactical options in the combat. We also want things for the melee combatants to do other than just click-attack. As for the overall challenge, that depends on the balancing. I'd like to...
  5. Preview Consequences and epic battles in Dragon Age

It only couldn't apply to the one character that needs to stick around for the plot -- but otherwise? Maybe a mode where one of the random injuries was "death"? Might make going down in combat a bit of a Russian Roulette deal as opposed to a guaranteed end. But I don't know. It's possible...
  6. Preview Consequences and epic battles in Dragon Age

Right. They're out for the rest of the battle, and once it's done it's assumed you deal with their immediate wounds and they get up. They then have a random injury -- like a wounded leg, yes -- that affects appropriate stats accordingly until it's treated.
  7. Preview Consequences and epic battles in Dragon Age

That's the plan, though exactly what each difficulty level will do is still to be settled. It's not quite KotOR where, as soon as the battle was done, any party members that went down during the fight spring up no harm, no foul. Party members that go down during combat in DA acquire one of...
  8. Preview Consequences and epic battles in Dragon Age

Only the PC isn't voiced.
  9. Game News Dragon Age: Origins announced epically

If the situation was as you seem to be assuming, then yes... that would be a stupid plan. You are only seeing a snippet of what is going on, however. I cannot go into any detail, but suffice it to say that "the plan" does not consist solely of charging the enemy and the walls you refer to...
  10. Game News Dragon Age: Origins announced epically

Hmm. Hold on. *flips through Giant Book of Fantasy Tropes* Whew! Nope.
  11. Game News Dragon Age: Origins announced epically

No kidding. :) There's more to the plot and the game than who's awakening, really, but that element is certainly there. Can't deny it, mock if you must.
  12. Game News Dragon Age: Origins announced epically

The archdemon is a dragon... one of the Old Gods that were imprisoned long ago beneath the earth. The darkspawn search for them and, when the dragon is freed and awoken it rises as an archdemon. That is when a Blight begins. Which means, yes, ancient. And sleeping. So go on. Get it out of...
  13. Preview Consequences and epic battles in Dragon Age

You do. The options are written out in full (and not voiced). As for the nice, neutral and rude options -- as I mentioned on the Bioware forums I think this is simply the assumption of this particular writer based on his knowledge of our previous games. I disagree with his assessment...
  14. Game News 25 second Dragon Age: Origins trailer is up

The camera has gone through some changes since that particular interview (and even then I don't think it was "forced" on you so much as the default setting), and to be frank it could still change significantly in the days to come. It's one of the things that is most likely to be tweaked right up...
  15. Game News 25 second Dragon Age: Origins trailer is up

It's not tiles. That's quite an assumption. Any reason for it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom