Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by DemonKing

1. DemonKing

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

In the IE games you could put points in weapon proficiencies, allocate thief skills, make spell selections, dual class if you wanted and even pick a kit or feats in later iterations. Even in PST you had a few choices to make. By comparison PORII had very few options. Feat acquisition was...
  2. DemonKing

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

Huh? The game was literally miles of identical tunnels filled with repetitive encounters. You have no control over your character development and unmodded/unpatched the combat is slow to the point of tedium. It's deeply flawed and nowhere near an 8/10 experience let alone 10/10...
  3. DemonKing

Broken Roads - turn-based Australian post-apocalyptic RPG with "unique morality system"

It was the same when Australia bid for the soccer World Cup - millions of dollars invested in the bid but then they neglected to bribe the FIFA delegates…
  4. DemonKing

Star Wars Outlaws - coming August 30th

Too expensive still. My plan is to wait till it hits Gamepass, play for 5 minutes and then delete personally.
  5. DemonKing

Company of Heroes 3 - set in the Mediterranean theatre

Recent patch (1.6) is actually quite good to the point where it's pretty much where it should have been at launch (only a year os so late). They finally have a Surrender option in multi, in game profiles with stats sorted out so you don't have to tab out to a webpage to check your standings...
  6. DemonKing

Ruzar - The Life Stone (Dungeon Crawler RPG)

:necro: Necroing this thread as I just finished this after getting it for $5 in a Steam sale recently. If you really love grid based dungeon crawlers it's probably worth that much. Took me about 10 hours to complete. Character development seems decent and all builds (melee, ranged, magic)...
  7. DemonKing

What do You Pay for New Games?

I picked 40 quid (rough equivalent of about $80 Australian). If I'm really anticipating the game, I trust the developer based on their recent track record and/or they release a decent demo I might go that high. Saying that, very often I can get games cheaper than that either by using a key...
  8. DemonKing

Designing the perfect RPG companion

They must be willing to sleep with my PC no matter what gender, race or sexual orientation they have. Also cool voice lines when I click on them repeatedly.
  9. DemonKing

Tomb Raider 2013

Yeah - by Parkour I meant climbing/jumping sections of which the pixkaxe plays a big part. Also her breasts get smaller...
  10. DemonKing

Tomb Raider 2013

I think they got progressively worse as the series went along but they're not terrible if you're in the mood for some light 3rd person combat, nice visuals and a bit of fairly simplistic parkour and puzzle solving.
  11. DemonKing

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

Interesting take on Phil Spencer: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/opinion/phil-spencer-long-cast-as-xboxs-saviour-may-be-remembered-as-the-man-who-killed-it/ ...he has spent ten years and gargantuan amounts of money taking Xbox from third place to third place, and that is not the...
  12. DemonKing

Bioware is immortal

Bioware has been poison as a brand name for years now...no one who enjoyed the games they released before they joined EA is looking at their recent titles and thinking - "Cool - a new Bioware game! I'm in!"
  13. DemonKing

What drove BG3's success, game mechanics or emotional engagement?

I know but that was the cover for the collected G1-3/D1-3/Q1 modules back in the day. I'm not sure if that would make a great computer game though without a lot of modification. ToEE was already hamstrung by constant repetitive waves of bugbears due to a slavish devotion to replicating the PNP...
  14. DemonKing

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

HellDivers II seems to be doing ok.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom