Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Decado

1. Decado

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

I might have oversold it, but you're underselling it here. Fair to say extra engagement isn't the main reason but its a huge part of why fighters can effectively control the battlefield. Being able to tank twice as many enemies as any other class (plus, yeah, folding in an item or possibly two...
  2. Decado

The main reason to take a fighter as a tank is for Defender, which gives them 2 additional engagement slots when active. If you also take Hold the Line, they gain a further additional slot. This allows you to engage up to four targets at a time, which is nice. Any other class will max out at 2...
  3. Decado

I'd be interested in seeing this in the numbers. They are okay as tanks but IIRC, priests have a higher base deflection than paladins, I checked, I'm wrong. Anyway, they lack battlefield control abilities -- no Knockdown, no Clear Out, no Into the Fray. I feel like it would be tough (not...
  4. Decado

It's helpful for deflection. It's one of those stats that I wouldn't subtract from but I would not pump it for a barb. Really, it's the tanking stat because it bumps deflection, will, and concentration. The last one is not that useful to a tank, but any increase in deflection or will is worth...
  5. Decado

I agree. You need one "tank," his name is Eder. Put him up front and leave him alone.
  6. Decado

I did a battle priest playthrough (also wrote about it in this thread somewhere) and he got pretty good a few levels in. I focused on fire damage. The priest's collection of offensive spells is actually not that bad and if you take Aggrandizing Radiance or whatever it's called, you can be...
  7. Decado

Fuck it I am rolling an arquebus ranger tomorrow.
  8. Decado

A arquebus ranger sounds like a fun thing to try but man, there's like two decent unique ones in the game. On the positive side, they're not that hard to get and surprisingly not locked behind late-game content.
  9. Decado

I like bears. If I could have a pet bear in real life, I would have one. Boar and Antelope are for eating.
  10. Decado

You are over-thinking it. You can roll a barbarian and leave the INT stat alone and do just fine. There is no reason to need to hit every motherfucker on the map in one swing. This is actually another reason why the radial adjustment based on INT is so dumb, imo. Just by the nature of combat...
  11. Decado

I started a Ranger play through with a bear companion (I think?) but I rage quit because Mr. Bear kept dying. I could be persuaded to give it another whirl.
  12. Decado

I agree. Dual wield warriors, pistol rogues, monks, and 2-hand paladins are all good classes that hew closely to more established archetypes and play how you would expect.
  13. Decado

Barbs are a great class to play, I have a bunch of effort-posts in this thread about playing a barb. But linking the radius of their damage circle to intelligence was just fucking dumb, I can't believe Sawyer went through with that. I mean, I guess I respect the commitment. But still. "I am...
  14. Decado

Owlcat's next game is an AAA title that will need full voice acting to compete with BG3

The biggest reason not to use AI voice acting is that it still sucks. It's not good enough yet. You can still tell it is AI. AI voice acting still mispronounces words, puts emphasis on incorrect syllables, etc. AI voice acting is still primarily the wheelhouse of shitty Chinese advertising...
  15. Decado

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

More money will always help but the question is "How much?" It's entirely possible that the last few years under MSFT have changed the way Obsidian thinks about games and how big to make them, because now they have deep(ish) pockets. To me, a game like the Outer Worlds needs to be as fully...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom