Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by DavidBVal

1. DavidBVal

Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

It's important to remember the SSI team was not free to make up their own rules, spells or classes, they were constricted by a rulesystem designed for something entirely different: tabletop gaming. Even the price items in the shop match those in the Player's Handbook! This was a huge limitation...
  2. DavidBVal

But in PoR there's an easy trick to get cash early (poor Theurgist, such a nice guy!) . In Savage Frontier I don't think so, although I don't know the game as much.
  3. DavidBVal

Because... having more is better? :smug:
  4. DavidBVal

Indie Archaelund: RPG that combines 1st-person exploration with 3rd-person TB combat - now available on Early Access

Agreed. That's the idea. :smug: Folks, won't be visiting the codex much these weeks, just too many forums, emails, etc. currently buzzing around my head, while I try to be focused on releasing updates. But eventually will read everything posted here.
  5. DavidBVal

Indie Archaelund: RPG that combines 1st-person exploration with 3rd-person TB combat - now available on Early Access

LOL, I should really take new ones instead of keeping the alpha screenshots. That bug with critical hits was fixed like... a year ago. The typo in the dialogue is still there, funny.
  6. DavidBVal

Game News Archaelund now available on Early Access

I will listen to everyone, and give consideration to good ideas, but I won't try to make everyone happy.
  7. DavidBVal

It's in the FAQ. $19.99 but can vary (currency, taxes). Will go up after each big update.
  8. DavidBVal

How much demand is there for first person RPGs with turn-based isometric combat?

Solid comment. My own experience says making an RPG game is a multi-year full time effort, and very expensive too. There'll be very hard times through those years. So if you try to make other people happy, you'll eventually get sick of it and give up. Make something YOU are happy with, first...
  9. DavidBVal

Following, of course. Already spent five years on Archaelund (well, the first 2 years I was still completing EK, so it's more like 4).
  10. DavidBVal

Now more seriously, I'll tidy up our roadmap into a presentable format and it will be published before release. It will not be based on hard dates, because my priority will always be to do things my way, but it'll include a list of milestone versions, what will they include, and an estimation of...
  11. DavidBVal

Vapourware The Tangut Prophecy: FOnline RPG, Historical Fiction, 12th Century China

Happy new year, bros. It's gonna come out one day, you'll see!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom