Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by daveyd

1. daveyd

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm neither German nor a lawyer so I can't speak with any authority on how their laws (don't) work. All I and The Wall did is repeat what the developers told us. Maybe HobGoblin is lying and he spent all the money on cocaine and hookers. I don't fucking know. For now...
  2. daveyd

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

What Hobgoblin has said in the past is that the problem is not really that Tim has the title as Managing Director. It's that he's 50% owner of the company. Any business decision has to be agreed on by both owners. Since the guy won't communicate with him, there's fuck all Hob can do until Ceres...
  3. daveyd

Game News Expeditions: Rome is officially a thing

Perhaps... if you find some psychedelic mushrooms.
  4. daveyd

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

I think it's probably more that that would almost be like creating a completely different campaign. The most we can realistically expect is a few special lines of dialogues based on character's gender. Anything more complex than that would probably be too expensive to be worth it from a...
  5. daveyd

Yes, the situation is very bleak. I'm not denying that. I'm just saying, they have a backup plan. It could work. It's also possible even if they go forward with the plan and release a module on Steam but then doesn't sell because people think it's shit. I just don't see any point in...
  6. daveyd

I didn't mention because I'm not sure if that's still the case. Last time I heard from Hobgoblin was the end of January and he said it was not fair to say CEO was ghosting him. I suppose it's possible the guy has told him he's going through some family emergency or something and needs some time...
  7. daveyd

Those without access to the combat beta demo may also be under the impression there has been absolutely no discernible progress made since the it was released to us in May. But there have actually been quite a few small updates made to it over the summer. It has mostly been minor bug fixes, but...
  8. daveyd

That is allegedly what they are are doing. There's apparently three people currently working on the game: The "CEO" / lead level designer (who is currently in negotiations with potential publishers), the programmer, and the writer / quest designer. But they're working on part time as they had...
  9. daveyd

Expeditions: Viking - historical Viking RPG from Logic Artists

The last news seems to be from late 2018 when they announced that THQ Nordic had acquired the IP rights to the Expeditions series, but Logic Artists is working on the next installment of the series.
  10. daveyd

Game News NeocoreGames go turn-based with King Arthur: Knight's Tale, now on Kickstarter

Several years ago NeoCore had announced a party-based tactical CRPG called "Broken Sea" which was described as having an "Ocean Punk" setting. Unfortunately it seems it never went past the concept phase and they've removed all traces of it from their site. But I recall there being some nice...
  11. daveyd

Well, I'm not sure what they may have said about it years ago, but I found a comment from their lead writer in May on Discord: "The initial release will only cover Cormac. Cormac itself features over 20-30 locations. There will be some bits of Kvenland in the 1.0 release (but not the entire...
  12. daveyd

Technically I'm not even sure RB has downsized their playable map... Have they ever really revealed how big it was supposed to be? The game's world (Argaea) is quite large but the game is only taking place in a small part of it. Mainly one country (Cormac), though you can create characters who...
  13. daveyd

Recent comments about the (Steam Early Access) release date from the developers: "Early 2021 is still the plan. With 'early' meaning any time during the first half of the year. We're not going to state any specific month because it would be talking out of our ass. We could roll a d12 and pick...
  14. daveyd

There will be Age of Decadence 2?

Ceres has expressed interest in making a few RB expansion packs if Ashes of the Fallen is successful enough to make that financially viable.
  15. daveyd

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Perhaps after seeing the success that others had going from "No True With the Furies" to "Disco Elysium"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom