Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Darth Slaughter

1. Darth Slaughter

The original Tomb Raider, its remake, and the loss of subtlety

I'm more curious about how they will update the control scheme, and if they will give the option of original controls with fixed camera behind lara (no ouse look). Tomb 4-5-6 should be remastered in the same way. Just for completeness. But it should be free or discounted for everybody who...
  2. Darth Slaughter

KickStarter System Shock 1 Remake by Nightdive Studios

Mission highest difficulty has a 10 hour fail time
  3. Darth Slaughter

Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

Oh yes. I mentioned before it's set after tales. Thing is I can't remember Escape, but Herman Toothroot in that game was changed into Governor marley's father. And comes return he is Herman again. I don't know if he kept being herman by the end of escape.
  4. Darth Slaughter

I agree in part. The ending of 2 and the beginning of return of monkey are two different situations. In 2, it is guybrush. In return, it is guybrush Threepjunior, his son, reenacting the old guybrush stories. Ron just did a prank this time. You see that when gubrush is already married in Return...
  5. Darth Slaughter

About Monkey Island 2 ending presented in the beginning, people are seeing it as a retcon, or a lousy explanation, when in fact it is a red herring: Ron marketed the game as a monkey island 2,5, when in fact this is set after tales. The ending of monkey 2 canon is the official explanation given...
  6. Darth Slaughter

Actually, it's more a sequel to 1, 2 and 3. they barely mention 4 and tales. It's pretty much stand alone
  7. Darth Slaughter

There's a Scrapbook option the the main menu which acknowledges and make a retrospect of all games prior to RTMI. Haven't gone through much of the game, but Guybrush is already married from the start. It's not something to be surprised, since Ron Gilbert had input in the production of tales.
  8. Darth Slaughter

From what I've played, it is set after tales of monkey island. So it's not monkey 2.5, but really monkey island 6.
  9. Darth Slaughter

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

There are mods that fix them. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Sands_of_Time#Widescreen_resolution https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_Warrior_Within#Widescreen_resolution...
  10. Darth Slaughter

Hmmm, having an idea is one thing, writing the dialogue for that idea is another completelly different.
  11. Darth Slaughter

The new art style reminds me of South Park, but with round shapes exchanged by polygons. A visually similar game for me is Guacamelee. I wouldn't want a pixelized VGA style game at all. My ideal would be a painted art style that woud emulate a painting of steve purcell or someone that has...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom