Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by darkling

1. Game News The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Revealed

Romances and QTE's! I'm SO EXCITED.
  2. Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Wow. Overhaul is bad at every damn thing. Poor sad nerds. :(
  3. Information Fallout to Become a TV Show?

Maybe SyFy can produce it!
  4. DnD 3.5 Monk help

Yeah, with Pathfinder out there, there's no reason to play 3E. 3E is like the Windows Vista of RPG's. Switch to PF and enjoy a smoother and superior user experience.
  5. People News David Gaider Complains about "Increasingly Toxic" Fan Feedback

Whoa whoa whoa. Co-op in PE? Are you hopelessly wrong or did they change their tune since the KS and I missed the word? Also, if I was Gaider, I'd probably not use the internet in my free time at all. I'm kinda surprised he does.
  6. Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

You mean the most common monitor AR out there? Gosh, we're such heathens. 1024x576 is the best 16:9 resolution for these games. Required a registry edit to work on my AMD card, but hooray!
  7. Game News Tales of Maj'Eyal v1.0.0 Released

So is ADoM not like a roguelike as well because the overland is the same and generally the progression is similar every time?
  8. Game News Tales of Maj'Eyal v1.0.0 Released

LOL Am I seriously reading people whining about one shot deaths in a roguelike? Welcome to every single roguelike ever in the history of roguelikes. You guys are supposed to be ultra-tough hardcore RPGCodex badasses, laughing your way through ironman modes so what is this?! Also, I'm very...
  9. Legend of Grimrock

Someone on the Grimrock forums is building an outdoor tileset. They've been quiet for most of the month but maybe it's just the holidays. http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4012
  10. What can a "smarted-up" CRPG look like?

For combat, I'd say a smart RPG needs a good AI that doesn't act like it knows more than it should (ie: no 'target spellcaters' unless there is a visible means of knowing who the spellcaster is, either by them casting or obviously carried equipment. Which means a rogue with a staff and robes...
  11. Your best fuck-ups

Wow, I had that happen when I was a kid too. It was extra-awkward because it was a new person I brought to my regular D&D group. I had to convince them afterwards that everyone I knew wasn't a retard. Have him win a ton of money then drop him on an alley combat map where he has to fight a...
  12. Legend of Grimrock

Dungeon Hack has an auto-map! And you can be an overpowered 2E bard. I vote it. I'm working on a Grimrock mod based on the D&D module 'Rahasia' but I don't wanna post a bunch of BS on steam workshop and everywhere til it's in a playable state. Which means it'll never get posted anywhere. The...
  13. Race and species in D&D

See, it'd have to fit into the setting. I disallowed a tiefling in my current game because I didn't feel they fit into Mystara's cosmology and that's the setting I'm using. I offered that player a 'diabolus' as an alternative, which meant he had to read a bunch of about them as they're not quite...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom