Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by dag0net

1. so im like 2 years here.....

So. A german band you say? And their followers are shit? CDU?
  2. you do essentially say that both sides Godwinned (that is to say fall back on a not so well...

you do essentially say that both sides Godwinned (that is to say fall back on a not so well justified characterization of the (momentary) enemy as something they are (clearly) not. OTOH...it's rly not up to a person to decide whether they are themselves an sjw ;) A thousand ppl might use a...
  3. How do you make character-building tactical?

The following is a hasty and ill thought out attempt to cover the fact that I don't have any idea how to justify my first post or the above, just fyi. Perhaps if we imagine a novel? I'm reading Tufo's zombie fallout atm. Now, Mike the PC is what he is, a survivalist cum parent cum...
  4. How do you make character-building tactical?

depends, eh. do you have all or nothing encounters or is the 'difficulty' really in the measure of success or failure? What is evolution? irl most encounters between predator and prey don't end even with an injury. 29 out of 30 of the herd will escape, perhaps every squirrel the cat sees that...
  5. Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

that's funny. do you know how much the earth's mass has decreased during the last few thousand years of human industry? how would you rather i tackled this? if force A destroys 1.5 of B's troops per day then "endless troops" is the ability to deploy 1.51 troops per day until the point at which...
  6. Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Don't see why endless troops would be hyperbole, reason and a methodical approach could equip an invading force with tens of millions of designs for components with which to build automata from dependent on what resources were at hand. land a factory ship on a planetoid. Hell, in the real world...
  7. Get rid of the gender icon

idk about getting rid of it, just replace the gender icons with scores out of ten.
  8. Random numbers - essential in RPGs or not? Discuss!

it's not fake tho is it. a sessions seed is no less valid than any externally sourced variable in a roller..rng's only r r in the sense that noone can reasonably know what the r is a priori.
  9. Random numbers - essential in RPGs or not? Discuss!

I believe the scientific method has value. I believe scientifically derived conclusions are worthwhile. I believe this concept is worth testing scientifically. Didn't we cover this 10,000,000,000,000 times already?
  10. Random numbers - essential in RPGs or not? Discuss!

I guess you don't subscribe to the "it's not the winning but the taking part" pov then, huh. the use of rng's is just one more method to import variation into gameplay, multiplayer is another, etc etc. people buy new games precisely for a varied diet ergo rng's are good.
  11. Games with GOOD Endings

defcon
  12. Random numbers - essential in RPGs or not? Discuss!

only useless if there are not also cumulative effects (or some other balancing mechanism) for other builds. armor degradation is just one such mechanism.
  13. Get rid of the gender icon

i feel it's discriminatory against those without anals. ?
  14. Crispy™ How exactly do you get a goldfist?

you fist until squirting is induced. i suggest experimenting, there are ways to speed up the process.
  15. Random numbers - essential in RPGs or not? Discuss!

So you're saying a really good gm isn't even "deterministic" in the [contextual] sense that one swing will always do 5 damage, she's deterministic in the sense that "you win/lose this combat whatever decisions you make" ? sounds more like a 7yr old playing rock/paper/neutron bomb

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom