Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Cynicus

1. Cynicus

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Does anyone know if the chests at Oleg's are persistent? Or maybe a better question would be is there any reason to keep anything like wolf hides etc? Not sure, but I read somewhere that the advisor will resign if they disagree with too many of your decisions. Can't remember where I saw...
  2. Cynicus

The Great Renaming, poll #2 [POLL CLOSED, GAME RENAMED]

Gaaaaah! Colony Ship, yeah, go with that.
  3. Cynicus

The Great Renaming, poll #2 [POLL CLOSED, GAME RENAMED]

Seems Colony Ship is the overwhelming favorite so far, but it sounds rather humdrum to me. Reordering it could spice it up a little...something like After Earth: A Colony Ship Role-Playing Game.
  4. Cynicus

Community Help choose the The New World's new title

Pilgrims Across the Dark Expanse Pilgrim's Passage God's Flock and the Sea of Stars Prayers in the Dark Salvation's Reach I Have No Bible and I Must Thump Space Quakers in Trouble A Fistful of Psalms Ah Crap, We Forgot the Pope It Sure Is Dark Out Here
  5. Cynicus

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released

Nah, man. I'm good. I wasn't playing on my own copy, and I'm not planning on buying it any time soon. I was just curious to play the game for myself and took the opportunity when it presented itself. I already knew that the game had the SJW taint, although I'm surprised the man-hater sect...
  6. Cynicus

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released

A person playing this or any other game for "romance" of any kind has probably been enjoying celibacy for a long time already and will continue doing so. Ennyhoo, I got my mitts on this thing for a few hours last night while downing a few brews at a bro's house. Here's my IMO: -- Visually...
  7. Cynicus

Game News BattleTech Released

Darkzone, I wasn't criticizing Everist's music, so please don't bring the Potato hordes down on me. I just don't think it was the best choice for a game about massive machines that fight with the grace of colliding locomotives. Also, I wouldn't propose that heavier music dominate the...
  8. Cynicus

In my opinion, video game music took a turn downward--or at least toward the mundane--when it moved away from synthesizers. A lot of the "redbook" stuff from the 90s was pretty great, though. New stuff tends to be so bland that I usually turn it off. On topic, orchestra music is what you get...
  9. Cynicus

Development Info Pillars of Eternity II Q&A Stream #12

Looks p. good. Should be a nice seller for Obsidian. Too bad I couldn't get into Josh's system or this would probably be near the top of my list of new games to look at and wish I had the time to play. Infinitron , once this is out of the pipe, do you think we'll start getting info on Tim and...
  10. Cynicus

"literally piracy"

So, I'm up early this morning. I haven't had Steam running for a few days, so I thought I'd load it up and take a look at my wishlist to see if anything is on sale while I have my breakfast. Hey, something's downloading...I wonder what it is. GTA IV?!? 225.2MB? Dafuq? Did they finally fix...
  11. Cynicus

That's pretty much what it boils down to for me. This ain't my first rodeo with these yahoos. I do wish they would quit touching my precious, however. Honestly, I think what offends me the most is how infantile they are about it all (says the man who just wants to play with his giant robots...
  12. Cynicus

So...we will inject this RL shit into our game, but don't you dare come here to talk about it? Nice. That doomsday asteroid can't get here soon enough. To the dudes already playing: are you experiencing memory leaks? The game seems to have a pretty severe one based on some reports I've seen.
  13. Cynicus

If it changes nothing, why is it there? If shits and giggles is the reason, then that's just dumb. Personally, I'm not triggered, just disappointed. My life these days is very hectic and stressful. It's a rare occurrence when I can find the time to just kick back and escape everyday bullshit...
  14. Cynicus

Why must these self-absorbed, emotionally unstable cumstains taint everything worthwhile?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom