Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Cyler Rubin

1. Cyler Rubin

Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures (FRUA) thread

Greetings All, been a while for me but I noticed a few people had messaged me. The Realm Starter Kit link I had previously provided went down and I lost the files myself in a nasty computer meltdown, so I recompiled them and will provide a link. Included is GBC, UASHELL, UADAP, and FRUA-MM, as...
  2. Cyler Rubin

Makes perfect sense to me, after all PoR was the very first attempt at making a game in that format, the games that followed after such as secret, curse, and PoD show they gradually got better, but with FRUA it gave the community a set of tools to built their own games with, then game hacked...
  3. Cyler Rubin

Grimoire Thread

Its an amazing day when you can get a brand new authentic 90s dungeon crawler 17 years after the decade ended. It's even more amazing it landed in an Era where it can be openly supported and I don't have to wait 5 years for a fan based patch to fix a few of the bugs and not alot of the rest...
  4. Cyler Rubin

I'm uncertain about the rest but in that the realm pack we were discussing earlier there are two module remade, namely, Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds, they were remade by Ray Dyer for frua. You can look them up individually at frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules. The files should be...
  5. Cyler Rubin

Grimoire Thread

Always found it rather sad that popular culture for the most part took the Cthulhu mythos and other than a few nods (IE. true detective and a handful of others) basically ignored his Chambers inspired King in Yellow material, always found that vein far more compelling.
  6. Cyler Rubin

Grimoire Thread

Keep in mind a slight counterpoint to this is that alot of these games are judged rather harshly by the very ease of access and gameplay features introduced BECAUSE of the groundwork they laid. When going back and playing through the classics a certain view would be best employed as many of the...
  7. Cyler Rubin

Grimoire Thread

Hehe, actually when I saw Grimoire come out on Steam I looked it up on youtube to see if I could refresh my memory for what it was and found all his videos about why it was never coming out, it was rather funny.
  8. Cyler Rubin

Grimoire Thread

First dungeon down. Trying not to minmax chars or incessantly restart if someone dies, I fine the game pretty accommodating to that play style, either that or novice is too easy with a basically well rounded party of 4 fighters and 4 mages. Expecting immenant brick wall upon saying this. Thus...
  9. Cyler Rubin

Grimoire Thread

Sweet, got my copy, now to go get my teeth kicked out my kneecaps by this archaic assed game. Thank you! :cheersmate:
  10. Cyler Rubin

Grimoire Thread

Probably gonna make a code wheel for the manual, with a pass parser splash screen added to startup.
  11. Cyler Rubin

Lost and forgotten (except by us)

Yeah it was kind of mind-bending if you couldn't wrap your head around what you were looking at. So many, "Oh wait, I'm not turning I'm traveling that way." moments had me running around in circles when I first played it as a kid.
  12. Cyler Rubin

Yeah same here, the original race limitations in gold box were always a bad design decision in my opinion, but i know Gygax was god back then so I understand why its there.
  13. Cyler Rubin

Crackers Don't Matter.

Crackers Don't Matter.
  14. Cyler Rubin

Grimoire Thread

I have found rumblings and discussions about this game probably 10 to 20 times in the past 15 years and each time would forget it existed. Then I saw it on steam the other day and was like, "Oh yeah! I remember reading about this!". I've heard things about Cleve, and so on from a great many...
  15. Cyler Rubin

Lost and forgotten (except by us)

Okay, I didn't see this one mentioned before on this thread, though it might have been MORAFF'S WORLD!!! This dos blobber was just one of the many different rpgs Steve Moraff made in the late 80's and early 90's, if you can get past the textures that make your eyes want to crawl out of your...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom