Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by CthuluIsSpy

1. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

You can just dump the trash in the workbench's inventory. That's how I did it. Once you set up trade networks the inventory gets shared, iirc.
  2. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Yeah, and that's why the DT/DR system is better, because it provides more variation between weapons. In a pure DR system its whichever that deals the most DPS that's always better. In DT/ DR system its a little less clear cut.
  3. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

And the barrel spin up. Real miniguns don't have a warm up period, they just go brrr and remove anything in a general direction. That's just there to look cool and give an audio cue to the player to GTFO. Ditto with laser sights on sniper rifles. Again, that's a visual cue to let the player...
  4. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Yeah, the DR system that Beth uses is stupid and doesn't accurately represent the effectiveness of heavy armour against small caliber rounds.
  5. CthuluIsSpy

Vapourware Games Workshop takes the hatchet to Age of Sigmar, fans are Big Mad (TM)

Yeah, those "legacy rules" were outright idiotic and clearly aimed at children, even though most of the demographic were in the teen to young adult stage. There was even a rule where if you insult your opponent you get some sort of bonus, which is not only bad game design but bad sportsmanship...
  6. CthuluIsSpy

Vapourware Games Workshop takes the hatchet to Age of Sigmar, fans are Big Mad (TM)

Definitely not grogs, they hate it. Its more for newer players, I think. It does feel a lot more younger audience orientated, with the exaggerated, toy like designs and silly names. From what I gathered, Chaos basically won the war and have control over not-Sigil (yes, they ripped off...
  7. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

With no points investment? Strange, when I tried using weapons with a low skill I recall not being able to hit shit. I'll have to give that a try.
  8. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

How do you kill mutants when you don't have weapons you are proficient in though? To kill a mutant for its heavy weapon you need a heavy weapon. I guess the trick is to use explosives, but wouldn't that aggro them? I forgot how good the AI is in FO1 and 2. I should really revisit them some day...
  9. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Yeah, flamer has really high base damage and it deals fire damage, which most enemies have poor resistance too. It does have really short range and high AP costs though, but given how powerful it can be that's probably for the best. It's actually pretty sad that flamers in the modern games are...
  10. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Bozar is better at fighting power armour though due to the higher base damage. However, if you build for it, you can increase the vindicator's damage outputs to silly levels that makes it even good at killing PA. Though I am theory crafting. I don't think I ever used heavy weapons outside of...
  11. CthuluIsSpy

Warhammer Fantasy's replacement after GW killed it from poor management. Basically Warhammer 40k except fantasy flavor. And by fantasy flavor I mean marvel esque shit where nothing makes sense because the writers can't be arsed to do proper world building. Also terrible names. Elves are now...
  12. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Well yeah. Miniguns in the classic games were low damage but really high rate of fire weapons. They are supposed to be used against targets with poor armour but huge health pools, like mutants and creatures. They are less effective against armoured targets due to their low base damage. I think...
  13. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

I do like the equipment display options in Fallout 4. That's actually a nice feature, because I tend to display my gear if I can in the other Bethesda games. If only the fucking settlers didn't keep grabbing my guns off the racks whenever I turn my back. Bloody magpies.
  14. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Yeah, it went all downhill in Fallout 3, which just made Power Armour a standard suit of armour. They even nerfed APAmk2 the hacks, because otherwise the Enclave would be too hard to fight. Instead of, I don't know, have power armour troops be supported by combat armour infantry. You know, like...
  15. CthuluIsSpy

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

The point is that power armour was always supposed to be extremely rare and the best protection available in the game. Not something that you can find out in the open untouched for 200 years. The fact that they now have a short battery life is a contrivance that goes against previous fluff. If...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom