Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by CMcC

1. CMcC

Review RPG Codex Review: Torment: The Explorer's Guide

It's a valid concern, and one that we were concerned about as well when we licensed the setting. Planescape had the advantage of years of development before Black Isle licensed it, and a history that stretched back to AD&D. We knew it was a bit riskier to go with Numenera because we'd have to...
  2. CMcC

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex provides some good feedback... you know, interspersed with the hostility. We're always happy to get feedback on the official forums, too. (Plus, then Brother None can ban you. He loves doing that.*) * he does not love doing that.
  3. CMcC

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

It is not. There's a place or two where Scan Thoughts might gate significant reactivity, but it's primarily narrative color.
  4. CMcC

I also need to say that MRY's writing on this stuff is just astonishingly good. The care and thought he brings to every word is amazing. If there were any discussion about cutting his stuff altogether, there would be an enormous, blood-soaked fight.
  5. CMcC

I replied to Prodigydancer over on the official forums. Short response: we love MRY 's work, but our initial placement for it wasn't as impactful as we wanted. We've moved his stuff elsewhere, but it is NOT cut.
  6. CMcC

Our systems guys are totally aware of this. Part of the reason for the introduction of the Health bar is that we had no way of knowing how or where people had spent their Pool points, and it was entirely possible they'd go into Crises or situations where they could irretrievably fail. While...
  7. CMcC

Incline All Flesh Must Be Eaten

I have no idea how to reply to this, but if it helped him through a rough patch then I totally rescind any damn apology I ever made about the book.
  8. CMcC

D&D 5E Discussion

The world will fall beneath the jackboots of the gaily prancing Free Folk.
  9. CMcC

InXile Up their Own Ass for T:ToN?

I like to call it my man cave. Come on over, have a couple beers.
  10. CMcC

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

If you read the WoTC statement, they said no one submitted a proposal. That's correct. Asking about the license is a different matter. I didn't submit a proposal. I asked. I got nowhere.
  11. CMcC

Callistege was my idea (or Adam's, or maybe both). We both had a hand in her global conversation for this area, as did Leanne Taylor.
  12. CMcC

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Weeeell... a lot of stuff changed after I made my turnover. Not necessarily indicative. (but really, the answer is: no progress. Possible backsliding.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom