Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Carrion

1. Carrion

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

From the Ashes ruins in-game economy by essentially giving you infinite amounts of cash. Then again, in pretty much every game the economy will break at some point, and until you're finished with the DLC it will be more of a money sink than a money faucet.
  2. Carrion

Best S.T.A.L.K.E.R game?

I'd say CoP is the best, although my favorite by far is SoC, with the unfair advantage of being the first in the series. What can you do, it's the one with the best atmosphere and the most memorable parts. Clear Sky is the worst, no doubt about that, but I did enjoy it after SoC, as it had some...
  3. Carrion

Convince me to replay witchers

If you only played the games at the time of release, you should give TW2 another go with the Enhanced Edition. It fleshes out some parts of the game and adds a couple of great side quests, one of which is probably my favorite quest in the game. TW3 has the least replay value, but you should at...
  4. Carrion

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

What sorcery is this?
  5. Carrion

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

For a while I thought the button parade was gone. That one brief moment of happiness was fun while it lasted. Quoting seems painfully clumsy now. Too many clicks, especially if you want to reply to just one particular part of a post.
  6. Carrion

Incline Remedy's Max Payne 1&2 remake in the Northlight Engine

All this talk of cover systems in a Max Payne thread makes me wish for a nuclear war. It depends. I played the original CD versions on W10, and they both required some work before you could even run them. Nothing too drastic, but I think you needed a no CD crack for one or both of the games...
  7. Carrion

Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

LeChuck's Revenge has the best ending in the history of computer games.
  8. Carrion

ARMA 3

How much worthwhile single-player content does Arma 3 have at the moment? Any must-play unofficial campaigns or missions? I'm mainly interested in good old infantry stuff in the vein of OFP, but I'm open to other suggestions as well. Also, which of the DLC should I get? I'm not really into the...
  9. Carrion

Who's actually running a low-spec machine?

From 2014 except for the GPU which I replaced around 2017 after the previous one died: i5-4690 GTX 1060 3GB 8 GB RAM 100 GB SSD + 500GB HDD I've thought of upgrading every now and then, but I haven't bothered since I've been able to run everything I've wanted to just fine.
  10. Carrion

Favorite Difficulty Spikes

I played a techie and briefly hit a wall too, but the whole ordeal made me invest into Throwing as a secondary skill, which took my character development into a nice, unexpected direction. I liked that.
  11. Carrion

I only used that in the latter mission with those long fucking corridors that make your heartbeat sensor useless. I guess it was cheating, but I feel no remorse.
  12. Carrion

The stealth missions in Rogue Spear. The whole game is punishing, but these fucking missions... You need to complete the levels on one go and be a perfect ghost, slipping in an out without getting spotted or attacking anyone on the way. You won't hear the guards mumbling "maybe it was a rat" or...
  13. Carrion

Alan Wake Remastered

Yeah, looks like Alan Wake. Wouldn't realize there was any difference if it didn't have "remastered" in the title. Wasn't a huge fan of the original, even though the setting's really up my alley. Sam Lake's writing worked fine in Max Payne, which was a bit more tongue-in-cheek, but in Alan Wake...
  14. Carrion

What is Decline?

Yes, and it allows you to drop the player right onto Liberty Island, a starting level that would seem unthinkable in a modern game. Action-packed "tutorials" are the worst, the ones where some great drama supposedly takes place and you're supposed to give a shit while learning exciting new...
  15. Carrion

What is Decline?

A tutorial is fine if it's just an honest tutorial and not the first three hours of the game pretending to be something else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom