Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Cabazone

1. Cabazone

Wadjet Eye Unavowed - Dave Gilbert's RPG-inspired urban fantasy game

It is done ! Behold my grandiose take on Unavowed. -Writing : correct writing but dull characters. Not all characters, secondary characters are fine. Only companions are not okay : they are so bland. They feel very safe and have no subtlety. Secondary characters are better. Dave's style works...
  2. Cabazone

Preview First Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay details revealed

Oh yeah! Total diversity in the fucking department, as long it's consensual and positive and with adult humanoid looking characters (and not too weird).
  3. Cabazone

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Should you have the time, I have a few quick questions for the developers about the writing process. From what I understand, none of the authors are native English speakers. Yet all I've seen of the game is in this god forsaken tongue. My questions are about how you write in a language that is...
  4. Cabazone

Game News Microsoft E3 2018 Press Conference: Cyberpunk 2077 Re-Announced

I thought the trailer visuals were pretty cool. There is some nicely creepy imagery in it. But, by Jove, how unfathomably boring the monologue is! The "American's dream" vibe has been done to death and the delivery is very unremarkable. Given Cd Projekt's experience in writing bland main...
  5. Cabazone

Decline The Demise of the American RPG: Why So Few Top US RPGs?

Frankly, in PC-centric genres, the prevalence of console in the gaming habits of the country is probably today one of the main factors of why said country doesn't produce that many games in these genres, as it has already been said. However, I also fancy another hypothesis : the opportunity...
  6. Cabazone

Oooh ! Well, that is great news then. Thanks.
  7. Cabazone

I guess that's your way of saying no. Too bad. I can't play some games (recently : MOTB) because reading their numerous small sized texts is not comfortable enough ; and although, as you may have guessed, my eyesight isn't exactly top notch, it is not exceptionally bad either, so I'm somewhat...
  8. Cabazone

Game seems good. I have a question : have you thought of us, cursed short-sighted ones, and makes it so that you can choose the font size in the setting ? It would be an appreciated attention.
  9. Cabazone

Formulaic and Unimaginative Gameworlds

A lot of miserabilism in this thread, and mostly unjustified too. You people say there isn't original settings nowadays, and that is because they aren't commercially viable because sheep peoples don't like uniqueness and things like that. Well, I don't think it's true. First, there is an insane...
  10. Cabazone

INSIDE - Dark Oppressive Puzzle platformer

To be fair, while he appears to be sightly upset about it, like any middle class boring do-gooder should be, he isn't as hilariously outraged as he can sometimes be. I have little doubt that the rest of his review is perfectly inept nonetheless.
  11. Cabazone

INSIDE - Dark Oppressive Puzzle platformer

It may fill you with hope to know that John Walker, one of the most reliable quality gauges of our times, has expressed a strong dislike for the game. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/07/07/inside-review-pc/#more-380697 "That’s the other really odd part of INSIDE: you get to watch a small...
  12. Cabazone

Decline Dreamfall Chapters - Console Immersion Action Decline Kickstarter [Spoilers]

While I've enjoyed TLJ a lot, I don't agree that you can say it's the (or even one) peak of PnC considering this game is so obviously a disaster when it comes to gameplay. It seems like Funcom had, back then (not that I'm completly persuaded they've learned a lot since), some difficulties to...
  13. Cabazone

CDProjektRed games have strong scripts. How do they localize?

Me two cents on the French localization. The quality of the French script has impressed me. The language is rich, the forms of the sentences feel elegant and french... If I had ended up playing it without any information concerning the language in which the game was written first, I may have...
  14. Cabazone

So, Dolphin (and other console) emulators...

Add Killer 7 to your list, you crazy man.
  15. Cabazone

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs by Frictional Games and Dear Esther devs

You obviously haven't got what they were trying to do with Justine. Let me explain it to you. Basically, it's a game about ethical choice. The game is construct around three situations, which all have two solutions to pass through. One is bad but easy (you only save yourself), the other is good...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom