Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Brother Rat

1. Brother Rat

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Western devs shove chicks that look like dudes into every game. Nip devs shove dudes that look like chicks into every game. Why is this the state of the world?
  2. Brother Rat

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

I laughed at some of the jokes in the trailer.
  3. Brother Rat

KickStarter Nighthawks - urban fantasy vampire CYOA RPG written by Richard Cobbett and published by Wadjet Eye

So much mental gymnastics to avoid admitting that fascism is fun.
  4. Brother Rat

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

For seamlessly mixing intelligent, thought-provoking political discussion with our erudite understanding of RPGs.
  5. Brother Rat

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Chris Avellone, how many individual projects are you working on right now? Do you find it easier to juggle multiple projects as opposed to focusing on just one?
  6. Brother Rat

sawyer wants rpg to evolve

ITT we have people basically arguing that Telltale games are rpgs. :prosper:
  7. Brother Rat

I know it's banal to bring up the "what is an rpg" question, but it's necessary in order to understand the full scope of what Josh is saying here. I think we can all agree that the defining characteristic of an rpg is that the game reacts to the choices you made during character creation. So...
  8. Brother Rat

But this is called a "choose your own adventure" game, not an rpg.
  9. Brother Rat

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

With this news, video games have now been linked to two major terrorist organizations, al-Qaeda and Gamergate. When will people finally wake up to the human cost of video games?
  10. Brother Rat

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

wtf i love Bin Laden now
  11. Brother Rat

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Wow, Pillars' lore really is several steps above the standard generic fantasy you see in other games. The attention to detail, the subtle but important twists on old formulas, and the sheer quantity of points of conflict should allow Obsidian to dump all the kiddy stuff and finally sit crpgs at...
  12. Brother Rat

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #36: Game Master Mode Reveal

GM mode looks cool but NWN wasn't just a multiplayer experience. The NWN fan-made modules provide 100s of hours of quality single-player gaming, and DOS2's success as a spiritual sequel to NWN will depend on how easy it is for players to create their own complex, unique modules. Looking...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom