Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Bored Games

1. Bored Games

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Gamespot/IGN chose to target this particular game for criticisms that apply equally to DA:I. An attempt at damage control after positively reviewing the same blueprint in previous iterations.
  2. Bored Games

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Not ashamed to say I enjoyed KOTOR and ME1 for what they were. I don't expect good writing in a modern AAA game, just a vaguely interesting premise in there somewhere, but this looks like a particularly bad and pointless parody.
  3. Bored Games

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Torment: Tides of Numenera

This comes across like sometimes pedantic criticism with an agenda to trash the game from the outset. What about the content that made it in, the end product? I literally have get no indication as to whether this is still worth playing from this.
  4. Bored Games

Editorial RPG Codex Editorial: Darth Roxor on the State of RPG Writing

Wordiness and heavy exposition is being used as an attempt to compensate for a lack of compelling ideas, but not necessarily a problem in themselves. Both optional and quest focussed lore available to player in Morrowind is close to exhaustive in establishing the history and culture of...
  5. Bored Games

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Any builds that turn game into baby Dark Souls? Let's say I don't want to powergame the f out of this one, I was thinking about skills like reducing damage on dodge and adding damage on counter attacks, fast attacks, whirl, and skills that increase oils from alchemy because I want to be smart...
  6. Bored Games

Community RPG Codex 2016 Role-Playing Game of the Year & Age of Incline Voting

No doubt either POE or Witcher 3 will take it for 2015. I found playing through the class stories in SWTOR more interesting.
  7. Bored Games

Game News Tyranny Released

So, ah…Hard or PoTD? Are enemies just damage sponges on PoTD or is there some genuine challenge here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom