Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Blaine

1. Blaine

Escape Velocity Nova

If it is was worth playing back then (it was), then it's definitely worth playing now. Do you live in a universe where computer games are getting better as time goes on? Where can I find this magical place?
  2. Blaine

The EVE online thread

I'm very happy about both when I started playing, and when I stopped. Both were pretty close to ideal.
  3. Blaine

The EVE online thread

Jaesun I didn't actually think that a Rifter cost half a billion. The most meaningful way to measure inflation in EVE between 2012 and today would be to gauge PLEX (Pilot License Extension) costs today versus then. Rich PvP veterans (or privileged nullbears) basically play EVE for free via the...
  4. Blaine

The EVE online thread

Just FYI, you're outlining basic and broad factional ship characteristics for me, a player who was as rich as Croesus (around half a trillion net worth, which was an obscene fortune back then) and spent his last years rolling with an OG small gang gudfites corp. Just a few years back, I was...
  5. Blaine

The EVE online thread

I started playing EVE before the (first?) graphics revamp. My pod pilot career spanned 2006-2012. I agree that some of the ship artwork (Gallente in particular) had a much less organic appearance after the models' polygon count, textures, and specularity were altered. Gallente ships always...
  6. Blaine

Hollow Knight: Silksong

It serves them all right (by "all" I mean like 90% of indie developers) for relying so heavily on Unity instead of building their own engines. They love the savings of utilizing a development kit that does all the technical heavy lifting for them, at a heavy cost to the quality and performance...
  7. Blaine

Warframe

DE must have finally figured out how to add a real grind to the game if y'all's complaints are legitimate, because they fucked that up for years and resources were stupid easy to farm. I haven't played since 2017 when I gave all my shiny Pokemon and cute tattoos away ITT.
  8. Blaine

The EVE online thread

Such meaningful So impact WOW [broken link to doge.gif]
  9. Blaine

Review RPG Codex Review: Might & Magic X: Legacy

My opinion of it hasn't changed one iota, just for the record.
  10. Blaine

Review RPG Codex Review: Might & Magic X: Legacy

Roxor is a study in duality, yes. On the one side: inclined and refined tastes and sensibilities. On the other: My nigga, what the literal and actual fuck are you thinking? In this case he is inclined and correct, because the game that this thread is about is trash on every level, and liking...
  11. Blaine

The EVE online thread

It's the dream of the ultimate online computer game all over again. The dream was actually conceived by futurists long before complex computer games were possible and before the Internet. In the ultimate dream game, you and thousands/millions of others can operate land, sea, air, and space...
  12. Blaine

Incline Hollow Knight

How in tarnation are y'all getting discouraged by the "acquaint yourself with the controls and basic concepts" segment that lasts perhaps thirty minutes? It's absolutely zoomer-tier to expect your attention to be grabbed right away by an exciting, cinematic QTE experience. In my view, the very...
  13. Blaine

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

I am this close to being financially illiterate, primarily because I detest finance as an entire field. Rubbing coins together literally makes me physically ill. I would rather do pretty much anything other than think about the manipulation of currency. I have no debt, I own everything (house...
  14. Blaine

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

It wasn't an "investment." That would be lying to myself and to everyone else. I got lucky and came to my senses almost immediately, right after the initial crowdfunding campaign wrapped up. What decided me was when CIG started selling another capital ship shortly after the crowdfunding...
  15. Blaine

From Software Dark Souls 3

Nope. Played it once through with a friend and never again, primarily (though not exclusively) because the level design is rubbish and there are way too many bonfires too closely spaced, which ruins any possible enjoyment of exploration and general PvE, and reduces the game to a boss rush with...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom