Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Bladderfish

1. Incline WORLD'S GREATEST GENERIC RPG BLOBBER ENGINE : "VAULT OF TERROR"

I await screenshots with baited breath. Which means I may develop breathing problems over the many years to see said screenshots, but I'll bait my breath anyway.
  2. Editorial Chris Avellone: What the Fuck Happened to Bloodlines 2?

7.5 out of 10. Good read. Could have used more dirt, but the vaguely pissed off, I-Couldn't-Give-A-Shit tone makes it all the more enjoyable. Someone needs to give Chris an RPG where he can write jaded, drunkard, fucked-up, degenerate, depraved, depressed or distraught characters. Nothing...
  3. World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Killed by wokeness or mismanagement? *That* is the question!
  4. Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

I'm sure this has been said already, but fuck me the Amazon looks bad. Not only does that face say twenty years older, haggard and unattractive, but there's an utter lifelessness there that is frightening. It is almost like Blizzard want me to play a washed-up, post menopausal female who is...
  5. Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter Update #72: Beta Released

All I wanna know is this: Are the companions as forgettable, contrived, unattractive, small-breasted and badly written as the first game? I mean at least give us some feckin high quality portraits along with some over-the-top, enjoyable voice-acting, like in Icewind Dale. Honestly, I quite...
  6. Game News Stirring Abyss Released

Yes, perhaps, but he in turn was influenced by Lovecraft.
  7. Game News Stirring Abyss Released

And Bloodborne. Who'd have thought the Japs could do cosmic horror so well?
  8. Editorial Daggerfall successor The Wayward Realms revealed to be mismanaged vaporware in post-mortem editorial

Interesting article. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like Julian Le Fay didn't actually do a damn thing for that whole entire time. I mean, why was he even there? For the lolz? For the cosy fireside chats? Sounds like a useless cunt to me.
  9. People News Brian Mitsoda fired from Bloodlines 2

Something is rotten in the state of Seattle. People don't just get fired without a reason. The company would have had to give him a reason. He must he hiding something.
  10. Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Episode 1: The Gig Trailer, Braindance Gameplay Footage and Previews

Judy's pretty sweet if you ask me. Yes, a touch skanky, like pretty much all of the snatch on show, but compared to the rest ... Not bad at all.
  11. Game News Steam Game Festival, Summer Edition: Demos of upcoming RPGs available from June 16th to 22nd

They need to do something about the repetitive voices and the UI, though. After five minutes the "ladycramps" line was irritating. The UI feels vague and badly designed. The combination of having to right click on the ground then left click on the look icon is bizarre. Plus, having some of...
  12. Game News Vagrus - The Riven Realms Prologue demo available until June 15th

Cool game. Like the atmosphere and introduction. Sets up the game nicely. Also the prose is well put together, not overly verbose and effective, with plenty of options for different paths through the dialogue. For anyone who likes Choose Your Own Adventure type games, it seems like a winner...
  13. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I loved OS:2. I loved BG and BG:2. However, this game feels like BG with an OS skin. There's none of the atmosphere of BG. None of the story ticks like being up against it right from the start, the open environments, none of the characters, no mention of Bhaalspawn. I mean, is the only link...
  14. Preview Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2019 Demo Previews and Screenshots

That RPS article is a fucking embarrassment.
  15. Game News SKALD: Against the Black Priory, a retro RPG inspired by Ultima and Gold Box, now on Kickstarter

Pledged. Looks like some quality retro shit to me, and brings back memories of Ultima 5 and 6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom